early AM ride report 7-11-10

badass24racing

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....a sand fix! :dumbass:

Me, ISBB, chris1223, badass24racing and my buddy Wes all met up at the gas station at 3:30am. We managed to roll into Dumont about 5am...just before sunrise. We watched some pretty cool lightening storms off in the distance on the way there. We were hoping to catch a little bit of rain, but the storm never reached D. I think it was in the upper 80's/ lower 90's when we pulled in.

crappy pic along the super wash boarded road. Holy hell it was rough!

P7110002_(Medium).JPG

We got unloaded and geared up to ride before the sun even came up.

ready to ride!

IMG_6817_(Medium).JPG

IMG_6815-2_(Medium).jpg

It was a little difficult at first reading the dunes with no shadows at all and super smooth sand.

Here we are at the north pole enjoying the view waiting for the sun to come up.

P7110006_(Medium).JPG

P7110012_(Medium).JPG

P7110017-2_(Medium).jpg

P7110020_(Medium).JPG

P7110021_(Medium).JPG

It took forever for the sun to rise so we got back to riding. Then we stopped for a couple pics as the sun poked up.

P7110022-2_(Medium).jpg

P7110025_(Medium).JPG

P7110028-crop_(Medium).jpg

Then Mike's battery took a crap so we just pull started it each time unless we parked at the top of a dune.

P7110029_(Medium).JPG

Back at the truck for some grub.

IMG_6828_(Medium).JPG

It's already 95 at about 7AM.

P7110031_(Medium).JPG

Ahh now that the sun is out check out those dunes!

IMG_6824_(Medium).JPG

IMG_6823_(Medium).JPG

IMG_6826-2_(Medium).jpg

Then we were off again for another ride. We played around at comp for a bit for some pics. I brought my DSLR this ride for some better pics.

IMG_6831-2_(Medium).jpg

IMG_6833-2_(Medium).jpg

IMG_6835-2_(Medium).jpg

IMG_6839_(Medium).JPG

IMG_6842-2_(Medium).jpg

IMG_6851_(Medium).JPG

IMG_6852-2_(Medium).jpg

IMG_6853-2_(Medium).jpg

IMG_6854_(Medium).JPG

IMG_6861-crop_(Medium).jpg

Looking toward the south pole

IMG_6834_(Medium).JPG

IMG_6856_(Medium).JPG

Looking north. Stupid lens flare. :blink:

IMG_6845_(Medium).JPG

IMG_6863_(Medium).JPG

Peak of comp on the left side...

IMG_6867-2_(Medium).jpg

A quick stop at the south pole. Pole is still there and so is the troops mailbax.

P7110032_(Medium).JPG

Here's some dunes on the north end when we stopped for a minute. It shows you how steep and soft they are right now.

IMG_6869-crop_(Medium).jpg

IMG_6872_(Medium).JPG

We took another break for some dune pics. So gorgeous out there in summertime!

IMG_6879_(Medium).JPG

IMG_6873-crop_(Medium).jpg

IMG_6875_(Medium).JPG

IMG_6876-2_(Medium).jpg

Then on the last ride Nick's battery took a crap and the bike wouldn't even run. SO needless to say my Rappy got a WORKOUT! I towed Nick and his DS out of the middle of the dunes. That pig was heavy! And his DS was too! :fight: jk

I managed to snap a pic of me towing Nick...

P7110036_(Medium).JPG

Luckily the battery issue happened on the very last ride.

It was an epic day of riding out there. I think we got 4 total ride in...all very long and good paced. We made tracks everywhere! Those dunes were so smooth like always in the summertime. We had a great group of guys, but we hope to have a few more next time since a few friends couldn't make it this round. There will be more runs this to come though. I love riding out there in the early morning in summer. We rode from 5AM to 9AM almost exactly. It wasn't even that warm. We had a nice breeze and even had some cloud cover for some short periods of time.

Until next time...my sand fix feels great! :poule::think:

Great ride guys! :freakin_nuts:

couldnt have said it any better. with the exception i should have changed that freakin battery last night.. Ohh well... I am gonna see if i can get WPS to warranty that thing out since its not that old and just have a spare sittin in the garage in case anything every happens to that odessy that i bought.

Thanks again for the ride pete. Was definatley a great morning trip.

Looks like you all had a blast, I want to go next time..........

:freakin_nuts:

Should have went with! :dumbass:

P7110012_(Medium).JPG

looks like the front of an off-road church brochure

i wish i was 1.5 hours away from D

sorry to hear about your odyssey Nick....it should be warrantied...Ace had a problem with his when it was new too.

Great pics Pete

Thanks Cheese.

Nick's battery that took a :poop: wasn't his new odyssey. That was his old one. He didn't have time to put the new one in before we left.

WOW that sand looked great! Incredible pics Pete as usual! I wish so badly I could have been there. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Chad. Don't worry...we'll be due for another one as soon as you get back in town! :poule: Maybe Aaron, Mike & Bert will be able to make this one as well.

All of the pics are so cool. I can't believe the wicked razors out there. I don't know if I should say how awesome it is that you guys took a day trip there or are you nuts in that heat??? :freakin_nuts: Looks like you guys had fun! :D

Wow, those dunes are lookin suhweet! Pete let me know the next trip, hopefully im not headin to the river and can make it! Sorry about the early text sat, haha hopefully i didnt wake you

All of the pics are so cool. I can't believe the wicked razors out there. I don't know if I should say how awesome it is that you guys took a day trip there or are you nuts in that heat??? :lol: Looks like you guys had fun! :D

It wasn't that hot the 4 hours we were there. Mostly in the 90's. What...you can't handle that? :laughing:

Wow, those dunes are lookin suhweet! Pete let me know the next trip, hopefully im not headin to the river and can make it! Sorry about the early text sat, haha hopefully i didnt wake you

We'll put a post up again. Just chime in if you wanna go.

I wish I could have made it. But on the flip side San Diego weather was NICE! Wanna go to Dumont again in two weeks?

It's a possibility!

Awesome pics Pete. I really enjoyed them. Just wondering, did you see any crazy siencetist out there setting up equipment so they could here the Singing Dunes. July is the only month it happens. You guys would have totally messed up their project. LOL :laughing::lol::atv:

Great Pic's Buddy And my problem was the Starter Clutch AGAIN second one in 2 years on the TRX450.You all MISSED OUT :laughing: WE WERE FLYING THRU THOSE DUNES :lol::atv: I think Nick's GPS said 82 on his Quad That meant Me Pete and Chris were 100 mph

mike, the thing said 76.8 before i reset the trip data and you guys never left me i was always there just about the same amount of bike lengths behind lol.. regardless damn near 80mph thru virgin sand is priceless :P

mike, the thing said 76.8 before i reset the trip data and you guys never left me i was always there just about the same amount of bike lengths behind lol.. regardless damn near 80mph thru virgin sand is priceless :P

:bowdown::laughing::lol::atv::laughoff::laughoff: Im just Kiddin Nick You were Flying also on that Tank Buddy :atv::atv:

Awesome pics Pete. I really enjoyed them. Just wondering, did you see any crazy siencetist out there setting up equipment so they could here the Singing Dunes. July is the only month it happens. You guys would have totally messed up their project. LOL :laughing::lol::atv:

Nope, we were thee ONLY people out there. Funny you mentioned the singing dunes. When we were sitting at the north pole we thought we heard a very faint noise like a bike or something off in the distance. We were thinking, damn we aren't the only ones here, then as we got back to camp....not one truck or ANYONE else was out there. Just us. I bet it was those dunes. It sounded like that deep frequency hum noise typical of dunes in the summer. They were super steep so that would make sense.

Nope, we were thee ONLY people out there. Funny you mentioned the singing dunes. When we were sitting at the north pole we thought we heard a very faint noise like a bike or something off in the distance. We were thinking, damn we aren't the only ones here, then as we got back to camp....not one truck or ANYONE else was out there. Just us. I bet it was those dunes. It sounded like that deep frequency hum noise typical of dunes in the summer. They were super steep so that would make sense.

That was Weird Now that were talking about sure did sound like it