What to do?

Raptor0206

Sooooo i have been so bored lately around here, i work weekends thur-sun, so most of the time i get 3 days off, and i find myself sitting around doing nothing because its sooooo damn hot out side. I bought a decent mountain bike for some trails around my house by lone mountain but haven t been able to use it cause of the heat.

So, what do the rest of vegas people do in this heat for fun?

Well during the months of "hot as f*ck", I hit the lake & river every so often, do some higher elevation riding, and alot of this ---> :ban-split: waiting for god damn October to get here!!!!! :beercheers:

There isn't much else. I stay indoors as much as possible. Concerts, hang out at friends' houses, pool parties, etc. :beercheers:

Xbox360

i think we all feel your pain there just comes a time each summer when the heat wins. i have all kinds of projects out in the garage. but it faces west and starts baking by 1pm. so most of the time i can only stand it for a few morning hours.

Summer is brutal because it's just to damn hot to do anything except complain about the heat. I try to stay busy doing something at the house but boredom sets in rather quickly. Xbox would be nice if I owned one. I play guitar and that's something productive that keeps me busy. Other than that not much to do in the summer.

One big plus of being in LA is on the 100F + days the beach is usualy about 75-80F and you can relax get some great views and beat the heat. But it's a little far for you LV Peeps.

I seen it has been about 115F out there. Too Damn hot for me. Good luck and keep cool. :P

Just got back from 2 weeks in Duck Creek, Utah. 45-55 degrees at night and 70's during the day with a light rain in the afternoon. Sucks to come back here, heat is killing me!

Pete is that temp after you have been driving for a while?

Cuz i know when i would barely get in my truck the temp said some sh*t in the 120's before I started the truck and think that was the heat insde the truck, and to think peopleleave kids and dogs in there vehicles..

But none the less it's still hot, crazy as it sounds I like to run the mountians in the 100 heat in california, I always tell myself I am trying to make my body stronger for some reason.. I always drink alot of water and get a breather in the shade as much as possible..

Pete is that temp after you have been driving for a while?

Cuz i know when i would barely get in my truck the temp said some sh*t in the 120's before I started the truck and think that was the heat insde the truck, and to think peopleleave kids and dogs in there vehicles..

But none the less it's still hot, crazy as it sounds I like to run the mountians in the 100 heat in california, I always tell myself I am trying to make my body stronger for some reason.. I always drink alot of water and get a breather in the shade as much as possible..

It was the temp outside * in front of the tuck after sitting parked out back along the wall running for a couple hours.

A few times I get in my truck the thermometer stuck in the air cond vent says 155. No shade to park under here at work.

Oh yeah, I've done that test. 160+ in some cars parked in our back lot. I swear that lot is one of the hottest places in Vegas in summer. All those cars and lots of black top makes it ridiculous hot!

I think my body has become acclimated to the heat at this point of the summer. It usually takes a good month of some stOOpid hot temps and our A/C being out at work and I realize it doesn't bother me as much anymore. It's mostly a mental thing. Just don't think about it and concentrate on more important stuff and it's all good. Eat right, drink plenty of water, stay in shape, and you find it much less painful.