Any one got the Droid X yet?

Just Mike

I got it the first day it was out.

Tons of free apps

Fast as hell

Big screen

HD video

16gb card installed already

It took a while to get use to texting with no real keyboard.

When you take a picture it saves the GPS coordinates.

Kick a$$ navigation, goodbye tom tom type devices.

Only negative thing so far is the battery life. The apps kill it. I get about 4-6 hours between charges. I use it ALOT though.

I got 2 spare batteries off Ebay for $10, waiting on them to arrive.

The Droid 2 is coming out soon. You might want to wait and see about that one.

Here is a great cell phone geek website. Anything and everything about a cell phone is in here-- www.howardforums.com

Edited by bp-guy

Well I ended up getting the Droid 2. I like having a key pad to use and not so much the touch screen for texting and email.

That's the one I was thinking of getting exactly for that reason. Looks like a badass "phone". :grin:

Let me know how you like it!

That's the one I was thinking of getting exactly for that reason. Looks like a badass "phone". :grin:

Let me know how you like it!

So far ir is great I am guess ing it i will take me at least another week to figure it out.

The Droid 2 from the articles that I have read, stated that it is a 1000MHz processor, which would be the same speed as the Droid X.

I was told the same. I am more and more impressed with this phone the more I use italics

All you have to do is loook at the scrren resolution compared to the Iphone and they look cheap, the icons, the internat pages dont have that vibrant color like the Iphone..JMO

And the size is ridicolous honestly , I like the skype app and the Wi Fi signal it has but other than that..Nada

All you have to do is loook at the scrren resolution compared to the Iphone and they look cheap, the icons, the internat pages dont have that vibrant color like the Iphone..JMO

And the size is ridicolous honestly , I like the skype app and the Wi Fi signal it has but other than that..Nada

IPhones are cool but I love my Droid X. And to top it off it is on Verizon not crappy At&T. Now maybe if the Iphone ever makes it to Verizon, then that might be different story.

Well compare the Droid screen to my ENV2 and it looks like god damn 3D! :MBdance:

Here's a decent comparison video. Sam, what do you mean the size is rediculous? They look almost identical.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9YGvLHvUxQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9YGvLHvUxQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9YGvLHvUxQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I have both phones. Iphone and now the Droid. Picked up the iphone when it first came out.

All I can say is the clarity on the iphone is awesome yes. But hands down the processing speed. Tehering capabilities, Navigation are top notch and not to mention the servie of verizon. I did not mention all these are included at no extra cost.

No comparison to me. The new Droid X which will be delivered on or around the 26th HAS HD Screen Bad aZZ.

:MBdance::thumb:

I have had the X for just over a week, right now. I really like it. I would suggest that you D/L the App killer free app. It shuts down all the apps you want to. My battery lasts all day and until lunch the next day. I'm a light to light-moderate user.

BBTank