Accident at work

TheAlaskan

The QuickLube guys at work today got a little overzealous and mis-racked a beetle. I was grabbing some tools from the tool room and I hear, "woah, WoAh, WOAH!! BAM!!! The thing slipped off the front of the rack and slammed into a cabinet right in front of it. The pictures dont really do it justice, when I first got there the back end was at least 5ft in the air. Unfortunately the rack that it was on was right by a large bay window into the lounge area and the owner was standing right there and this all happened just as the GM of the Dealership was walking into the shop!

post-3400-1282361503_thumb.jpg

post-3400-1282361533_thumb.jpg

post-3400-1282361571_thumb.jpg

post-3400-1282361602_thumb.jpg

post-3400-1282361638_thumb.jpg

post-3400-1282361674_thumb.jpg

Fortunately no one got hurt and the owner seemed to have a pretty good attitude about it, but it sure made for an interesting affternoon!

The beetles have a side skirt thats lower than the pinch welds that we usually rack them on on the arm lifts. So you have to use rubber blocks on these two plate lifts. I'm assuming one got placed wrong or slipped off in the front and then BAM.

First time I've seen something like this happen in person, and the first time anything like this has happened in our dealership.

Damn, that sucks big time Ian. Glad nobody got hurt!

Been there wrecked that....twice!!!!!

how in the hell do you mis-rack with one of those racks????

:idiot: ...and he's proud of it! :MBdance::thumb:

Bert I think I have those pics of the one you dropped somewhere..lets see if I can find them.. :coocoo:

Post it! :atv:

Thats what happens when you take a VW to a chevy dealer for service !! lol J/K was there very much damage to the bug ?

Chevy dealer? He works at VW. :D

who said Im proud of it :blah::shake::coocoo: quit talking sh*t Pete

:thumb: Calm down Bert.

"Been there wrecked that....twice!!!!!" <---You sound pretty proud about it to me. I wouldn't have even said anything at all if I were you.

Hey look...it's Bert after the Malibu fell off his rack----> :idiot:

Love ya buddy! Milk cheers. :MBdance::atv:

that's funny. when I went to school we were taught to get the wheels just off the ground and then rock the car.... so if this happens the car falls a minimal distance if its gonna fall... sounds like someone needs a lift safety refresher course. but I am sure that's coming, along with a drug test!

At least no one got hurt and for those that have worked in a dealer that is not even close to the worst we have ever seen from Lube Techs , Porters , or my favorite Service Writers running into your tool box :laughoff:

I would KILL someone for that! :idea: