What's a GOOD bbq grill?

dunefreak

What kind of BBQ grill have you had very good luck with? I'm going to be looking for a new one this season.

I have brought the fullsize one out and that is just not practical anymore. It falls apart after a few trips and needs constant fixing.

I've also bought one of the smaller portable ones from Lowes and use a line adapter to a full size propane tank, but it still uses one of those super cheap little regulators. I'd like a small one like the one I have, but it needs to be better quality.

Any suggestions or than use skinner's custom swing out badass grill that is permanently attached to his hauler? :mischevious:

What kind of BBQ grill have you had very good luck with? I'm going to be looking for a new one this season.

I have brought the fullsize one out and that is just not practical anymore. It falls apart after a few trips and needs constant fixing.

I've also bought one of the smaller portable ones from Lowes and use a line adapter to a full size propane tank, but it still uses one of those super cheap little regulators. I'd like a small one like the one I have, but it needs to be better quality.

Any suggestions or than use skinner's custom swing out badass grill that is permanently attached to his hauler? :mischevious:

webers are good................

These are BADAZZ! Everyone I know that has one loves it! I had the charcoal verson and loved it until got squashed.

Tool Box Grill

haha

I had one several years ago :lol: ; ended up buying one for each of my brother in laws.

It's not complete though, without the craftsmen tool handled bbq utensil set :mischevious:

As far as my grill, I now run a full size gill I got at lowes; BBQ Grillware is the make; black and stainless. Holding up really well. Put it on drawer slides in one of the basement compartments of my bus, and I'm

:idea: eventually :lol:

gonna have it plumbed into the 40 gal. propane tank..................someday :dope:

Check camp world i bought one 3 years ago and it still works great dont remember what kind but it folds up and is easy to transport it is red and grey has wheels and a light on the handle around 120.00 only down fall it takes the little bottles but u can convert easy for the use of a big propane tank

It's not complete though, without the craftsmen tool handled bbq utensil set :lol:

That is correct! :mischevious: I had that set as well, its time for a new one though, I only have the skewers left!

Steve if you find one in town, let me know! I need to get another one myself.

I bought this one at Lowe's for my Son in law to use at Dumont. Took Richard and My son Ryan about 30 minutes to assemble it , it fired right up and continues to work several years later. It has a nice rack for keeping stuff warm and a pretty good size grill surface. After buying it at Lowes,

Then I would go to Camping world or preferably Johnny Walker's on Boulder near Flamingo and see Dusty to get a smaller than standard propane tank and line to go to the bar b q. lasts a long time, no propane bottles to mess with or forget to buy and if you run out of propane at the house right in the middle of a nice steak cooking on the house Barbie, you can grab the RV tank and keep right on grilling!!

http://www.lowes.com/pd_184639-42600-NSP23...759_4294937087_

item # Item #: 184639 Blue Rhino Bar B Q

Did someone say Cheese :B 's ? lol

My previous and current trailer are both RVQ ready.

They have a regulated propane line ran to the side with a quick release fitting.

I looked into the RVQ style and they wanted like $300 at the time and place.

So, I bought a cheap little $50 Weber about 4 years ago.

Bought the line and fittings, Pulled off the regulator, drilled out the pilot jet, and

It's been a great little BBQ

I have been looking for something a little bigger though.

Like the Weber Q100 and I would do the same to that so I wouldn't need little propane bottles.

:mischevious: :lol::lol:

I bought this one at camping world. Came with a carrying bag and the bracket to mount it to the side of the RV.

Just the mounting bar mounts to the side of your RV. It sticks out like 1/4 of an inch. Then the base unit just slides over the bracket and you drop the grill in it. Takes about 5 minutes to till your ready to BBQ. It burns pretty hot so it cooks quickly unless its windy. Even has a drippings tray.

I have propane plumbed to the area where I have it mounted so its a quick disconnect like the ones you use with air tools.

Its made by Camco and I just searched it on Amazon ...Its 188 bucks

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...rv-20/ref=nosim

post-14-1283233324_thumb.jpg

post-14-1283233304_thumb.jpg

post-14-1283233347_thumb.jpg

ANY BBQ THAT COMES WITH A COOK OTHER THAN YOURSELF IS A GOOD BBQ . thats why i preffer capt kllms bbq grill !!!!! :lol:

THIS has been in our rig for a couple of years now. GREAT unit, HIGHLY reccomend it.

This the one we have, almost, ours just doesn't have the little side table things. Portable, well made and never a problem. HIGHLY recomend it too.

If you want to use it other places besides your hauler , just throw it in the truck.

Edited by ~JILL~

have you thought about outside the world of propane?

I picked up an aussie bbq at lowes when I got my hauler in 2004....still rockin the same bbq. it takes charcoal.....but IMO, the food tastes better cooked over wood/charcoal than propane

I have learned that the last couple months using my santa maria style bbq at home

Thanks for all the input guys! :mischevious: I already have a nice little Blue Rhino one from Lowes. http://www.lowes.com/pd_184543-42600-GBT10...Area2-_-17106_3 The grill itself cooks great and is really good quality. However, like I said earlier the regulator that comes with it is cheap and already broke last season. So many of the small grills suggested use the same style and are out for me.

I will take a look at that Weber and maybe that RV grill.

Thanks again. I didn't expect this much input. You are some cheese :B grillin mofos! :lol:

whats bout one of them coleman road mates or whatever they are?

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/ColemanCom/...mo=homefeatured

Maybe. I'll have to check it out and see if the regulator design is decent.

costco has a bad a$$ one rite now stainless steel looked like great quality.... If I was in the market I would have picked her up!!!! (was there yesterday)

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?...topnav=&s=1

Still uses the small bottle propane designed regulator. Sweet grill, garbage regulator. lol

Maybe I can just figure out a better regulator design for my current grill. The grill itself kicks a$$, it's that small propane bottle regulator and inlet design that sucks. I have the attachment for a fullsize propane bottle, but that doesn't change anything with the reg.

Maybe. I'll have to check it out and see if the regulator design is decent.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?...topnav=&s=1

Still uses the small bottle propane designed regulator. Sweet grill, garbage regulator. lol

Maybe I can just figure out a better regulator design for my current grill. The grill itself kicks a$$, it's that small propane bottle regulator and inlet design that sucks. I have the attachment for a fullsize propane bottle, but that doesn't change anything with the reg.

I think Camping world has an attachment to the regulator that a;llows you to use a regular popane bottle like I have. They also have new regulators. I would think it's just a screw in replacement of the valve that's on the regulator to make it work. I think I got mine there a long tiome ago and it includes the hose and fitting to the grill along with the regulator.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/...100-grill/17949

No Pete that is not the one I am talking about... they one I saw came or was already hooked to a large propane bottle.. that is what I liked about it!!! well one of the things!

and it wasn't that much!! I think like $189??

Edited by White Rhino