08 RZR

DunerDan

Drive it and listen for any belt noise (belt might be bad)(easy fix, takes about 30 to 45 min).

Look inside the air cleaner if it is stock there might be dust particles in the snout after the filter...gets in the cylinder and eats the rings.

Mine has less hrs and with a stock air cleaner i think it needs new top end already (eats oil)

see if he bought an extended warranty for it and if it is transferable

Capt

I am looking at a 08 RZR with 174 hours on it. 7600 a good price? Also any known problem or thing to look for when i check it out? Thanks

Just Kelly Blue Booked mine. Trade in 6210 Wholesale 6800 Retail 8890 without add-ons. Change the air cleaner and the skid plate in that order. If possible get a leak down test run on it to check the top end.

They suck dust with the stock air filter and many RZRs need top ends before brake pads:( Sometimes more than one top end. Service the air filter every night you have it out.

BTW I'm on my second top end with 193 hours but that's because the shop that did the first one may have miss-matched the rings and trashed the cylinder :lol:

Eli

Edited by eli

Mine has less hrs and with a stock air cleaner i think it needs new top end already (eats oil)

see if he bought an extended warranty for it and if it is transferable

Capt

It's a Catch 22....a stock air filter in my experience = a new top end and it doesn't take very long for that to happen. If it isn't stock the warranty people want a picture of the non-stock filter and may deny the claim because of it.

If the extended warranty is Star Sports (sold by Rip Off Now) it isn't worth the paper it's printed on even if it's left completely stock.

Eli