The future of DDR

dunefreak

As some of you know it has been something we at DDR have wanted to do and that is upgrade our server and forum software. For years now we have been at the mercy of somebody else in order for this upgrade to happen and obviously...it hasn't happened. ISBB & I have basically had our hands tied with this because the site is hosted through a friend out of Anaheim. We can't complain though because the price has been right and have been very grateful for his service.

But now the time has come. DumontDuneRiders.com has grown to the point where we are looking to upgrade to a new host & server that can handle the high flow of DDR traffic and the upgrades that we have been waiting to install for years. Upgrades include the newest version of IPB forum software with many new forum features, a mobile friendly forum app for most smartphones, faster speed, and less DDR constipation. You know those blackouts every now and then when the shoutbox craps out and then the site freezes? ..no more of that.

So hopefully over the next couple weeks ISBB & I will get this all handled with very minimal down time as dune season is quickly upon us!

That being said, these upgrades come at quite a price so if there are any members or companies out there looking to advertise their product or services and help sponsor this site please e-mail or pm me. We have very affordable rates for ad spaces. Some examples here, http://www.dumontduneriders.com/advertising.html.

Thanks!

email contact: pete@dumontduneriders.com

great news Pete.

Thanks for all your and Nick's hard work to keep this up and going. The new upgrades sound awesome and will just make the site that much better. I will try to get some local business by me to advertise to help out with cost to.

Man I always thought the site was super fast and I dont recall any hiccups.... I dont understand why we need an upgrade.... LOL>>>>> AWESOME!!! :atv: :ahhhhh: :atv:

Now cheese will beable to post his useless crap even faster :P :DDR: :MBdance:

Sounds great Pete

Capt

:rockwoot:

Edited by barefoot bob

I am sure you have invested alot of your time and money for us to have a great site to enjoy.

Maybe it is time for a membership cost or donations to help improve the DDR.

I thought of making an optional supporting member package for like $5 of month or whatever for those who would like to help towards the site costs. Then whoever does contribute will get a cool little icon on their profile. ooooooo! :B :clap::rockwoot:

Man I always thought the site was super fast and I dont recall any hiccups.... I dont understand why we need an upgrade.... LOL>>>>> AWESOME!!! :atv::atv: :ahhhhh:

Now cheese will beable to post his useless crap even faster :P :DDR: :atv:

Sounds great Pete

Capt

haha you berry berry funny Captain. :MBdance: Understand though that even after we get faster service, your internet is only as fast as your connection and computer allow. The site is usually pretty fast for me and most peeps I talk to. You are the only one I always hear saying it's slow so maybe it's your pc? Yes it crashes every now and then when it gets backed up, but after it gets a dose of ISBB it's good to go. :ahhhhh:

well as of 8am this morning all the routes should have been updated and everything is running solely on the new DDR server. MAN it feels great to be independant... no more hey can i get into the datacenter to do that server swap drive 4 hours and get dissapointed crap anymore. We need stuff done i can have it done within 24hours with the new hosting service its freakin great :D

This isnt the beginning. I have a few more long nights in store for the future of DDR. HOLD ON TO YOUR PANTS.. A NEW DUNE SEASON AND A NEW DDR IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER!!

:laughing:

Yep, it sure feels great to finally get it handled and have our own super speedy server for DDR. Thanks for all your hours of work you put in getting it all setup and swapped over, Nick. I owe you a fews beers and then some.

I can't wait to get the new updates all dialed in. :rzr: The site is gonna rock that much more.

Awesome work you two! Especially ISBB! This thing is fast as hell!

Hey Pete, what was that phone app you were telling me about for invision? Have you tried it with the new server yet or does the board software still need to be updated?

The board software needs to be updated before being able to use that. We'll be working on that over the next week or so. There is an app called Tapatalk that works great with the new board, but it needs to be setup through the admin end of things 1st. ;) We might not even need it though because the new forum software automatically switches to a mobile skin when surfing on your smart phone. We'll get all that dialed in when we get it all up and going though. There will be a whole thread about DDR's new mobile features. :rzr: