Diqcheese goes to smog his diesel

Richard Cheese

Have an appt @ 8 am. Even though the BAR website says that intake mods are ok, my friends have told me that they are getting dinged on intakes and automatically failing. I've printed out the verbage from the BAR website, so I hope i don't have any problems....

Tuner is back to stock tune, and out of the truck....thank god I didn't lose the cat.......yet

sorry it took so long to get back. I had a wedding to attend to

anyway. it was a good thing I did my homework. A guy from Gale Banks Engineering sent me THIS

At first, when the tech checked under my hood, I was told that I needed a CARB sticker for my AFE stage II intake.

In the above link, the BAR, states that ANY intake is OK. The tech scratched his head and made a comment about the number of people he failed because they had an intake on their truck.

After that, the opacity test was done. No smoke came out of my tailpipe.

so, I did pass. Make sure that YOU know the rules and laws regarding diesel smog, and you won't get taken advantage of

Tuner is back to stock tune, and out of the truck....

FYI on this. A friend of mine took his truck in right after he set his tuner back to stock. The tech turned him away saying there wasn't enough data saved in the computer for him to pass smog. He had to drive it around for a fews days and re-do the smog test. Not sure if this is happening all over the place but it can happen.

FYI on this. A friend of mine took his truck in right after he set his tuner back to stock. The tech turned him away saying there wasn't enough data saved in the computer for him to pass smog. He had to drive it around for a fews days and re-do the smog test. Not sure if this is happening all over the place but it can happen.

I had it at stock for about 4 days before i took it to test. I ran the shiat outta it too before I got there. not even any visible smoke @ WOT for about 4 seconds

so will CA fail you if you have a programmer in there?

I have never turned mine back to stock here in Vegas.. even told the smog guy, he said he sees they run cleaner with them ramped up..

Like Cheese stated, some are okay, some are not. I'm not going to take the chance and just put it back to stock for a while. Plus, it only takes a few minutes to reprogram the computer after it gets inspected.

• 7 months later...