Open carry gun law in California

JasonR

I have a open carry permit, and there are a bunch of laws involved, you just cant strap it to your side and walk around the mall, it is issued for a distinct reason by the state. As mentioned by several people here in this thread, you can get some MAJOR ATTENTION from Law Enforcement...I can tell you 1st hand, and it definately is not fun having a shotgun inches from the back of your head. I live in Orange County, and I think about 80% of all the issued CCW's have been revoked in the last 2 years, and they probably wont be issuing any news ones as long as Sandra Hutchins sp? is the Sherriff. I do think the right to bear arms is an important right. But man it scares me to think that ANYBODY could carry a weapon.

For the record I am sitting on the fence on PRO-CARRY for all....LOL

the ones who might scare you that would or could be carrying ALREADY ARE!!!! So everyone carrying only makes it safer

I have not either. Must not be from Cali. Please elaborate.

i have a Loaded open carry permit...but you have to have a guard card to go with it..and if you carry, you have to be on duty and in uniform with a patch on each arm and a badge.

not sure if this is what he means??

i have a Loaded open carry permit...but you have to have a guard card to go with it..and if you carry, you have to be on duty and in uniform with a patch on each arm and a badge.

not sure if this is what he means??

What you have is a firearms permit issued through California BSIS which authorizes you to carry a weapon that you registered and qualified with while employed in the capacity of a security officer, have a valid guard card and are on official duty or in route to or from work. I believe in California, you can only obtain a CCW through your local city or county with good cause and that "cause" better be a good one when applying for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget that there is a piece of paper in this country that gives us the right to arm ourselves. That piece of paper makes no mention of any kind of CCW or paid training that is required, or any of the many other money schemes that local and state gubments burden us with. I'm retired USAF, and an expert marksman, I'm not paying some 20 something to "teach" me how to operate MY firearm.

I try to be an informed citizen, as informed as I can be. We, the people of the United States have forgotten the core values that this country was built on. I would suggest that everybody reads the US Constitution and The Bill of Rights annually. You might be surprized, especially if you're a 20 something, or even some of the 30 somethings, these days. That kind of "learning" is not taught in schools these days. I hope that nobody takes offense to my post, it's how I feel as a very patriotic American.

BBTank

Edited by BigBlockTank

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget that there is a piece of paper in this country that gives us the right to arm ourselves. That piece of paper makes no mention of any kind of CCW or paid training that is required, or any of the many other money schemes that local and state gubments burden us with. I'm retired USAF, and an expert marksman, I'm not paying some 20 something to "teach" me how to operate MY firearm.

I try to be an informed citizen, as informed as I can be. We, the people of the United States have forgotten the core values that this country was built on. I would suggest that everybody reads the US Constitution and The Bill of Rights annually. You might be surprized, especially if you're a 20 something, or even some of the 30 somethings, these days. That kind of "learning" is not taught in schools these days. I hope that nobody takes offense to my post, it's how I feel as a very patriotic American.

BBTank

yer not referring to the constitution are you?.....seems as though Iraq needed one so we gave them ours, since we weren't using it anyway.