rhino desert racing

superdave

best in the desert has a class for the rhino in thier off road races. 2 of them ran at the terrible 400. only had to do 1 lap but when they went by everyone was cheering and clapping. they were hauling butt. faster than some of the race vehicles that went by. looks like cheap fun for entry level offroad racing. :beerpint:

:laughing: 30,000 for a race rhino dave thats cheap,think again maybe for a golf car unless some ones got a rhino for sale for 3k then were talking :laughoff:

im sorry but i didn't see 30 grand in the rhinos i saw at the race. you can run a quality sportsman class, 9 car class or even a 5/1600 class car and get a full day of racing in with some competition for less than than 30 grand. of course thats doing most of it by yourself. i can see if your not the least bit mechanically inclined it could add up. :)

Are you freakin serious? 30+k into a Rhino!!!!! People with TOO much time and TOO much money confuse me.

I bet Rhino owners also have Dodge Magnums w/ HEMIs & Chopper edition 22"s and get mad when I call it the midlife crisis minivan!

YES I do know that i'm being very opinionated and I do things that others can talk crap about but, that's the beauty of an opinion. It's mine not yours... To each his own I guess, it's your money.

Edited by PiercedBoy

• 3 weeks later...

apparently rhino's are racing at other events on their own without other race vehicles on the track. they had a race at a CORR event in san diego and was popular. SNORE says if there is enough interest that they would put on a demo race.

• 3 weeks later...

there has been enough interest in rhino racing that SNORE is going to have them race on the infield at the start finish line of the first race next month at primm. it will be 15 minute races during the time they are working on the track between races. run what you brung and race for a trophy. details to come later. :happydrunks:

• 1 month later...

im sorry but i didn't see 30 grand in the rhinos i saw at the race. you can run a quality sportsman class, 9 car class or even a 5/1600 class car and get a full day of racing in with some competition for less than than 30 grand. of course thats doing most of it by yourself. i can see if your not the least bit mechanically inclined it could add up. :)

I don't get 5/1600's unless you are so large you need that door to get in.

For $30k you can get a nice, slightly used 1/2 1600 and race with the absolute best.

I don't get 5/1600's unless you are so large you need that door to get in.

For $30k you can get a nice, slightly used 1/2 1600 and race with the absolute best.

vw engine :headbang: :thumb: :huh: :thumb::thumb: ya and work on it every day no thanks,,ill take a rhino over that any day!!!!

vw engine :beerpint::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::laughoff: ya and work on it every day no thanks,,ill take a rhino over that any day!!!!

What? I know too many 1600 class racers that run the same motor and box all season. 1600 is cheaper to run than Class 9.

Good luck with your class but I do not see it around in a few years. If the Mini-Mags couldn't make it there is no way a Golf Cart class will prevail.

Edited by pjcnlv

they ran the rhinos between races at primm for intermission entertainment. just roundy roud for 10 minutes a race. it was fun to watch but i dont see it being a serious class either, at least not for long. snore started a champ car class last year and thats what im building. a good entry level easy on the budget class. i just want to race and have fun. maybe move up in class later. i co rode in a 5/1600 car last race and that was fun.

they ran the rhinos between races at primm for intermission entertainment. just roundy roud for 10 minutes a race. it was fun to watch but i dont see it being a serious class either, at least not for long. snore started a champ car class last year and thats what im building. a good entry level easy on the budget class. i just want to race and have fun. maybe move up in class later. i co rode in a 5/1600 car last race and that was fun.

The Champ Car class is right on! That's one that should spread. Kenny has the right idea!!

• 3 weeks later...

There were just the three and they ran the same course, but none of them finished. I don't know if they broke or they ran out of time.

Sportsman Rhino

Results are: Official

DNF 1801 Jeff Sonn \ 10:55:30

DNF 1802 Cory Sappington \ 10:56:00

DNF 1803 Joe Moore \ 10:56:30

There were just the three and they ran the same course, but none of them finished. I don't know if they broke or they ran out of time.

Sportsman Rhino

Results are: Official

DNF 1801 Jeff Sonn \ 10:55:30

DNF 1802 Cory Sappington \ 10:56:00

DNF 1803 Joe Moore \ 10:56:30

looking at the times they were right on top of each other. must have run out of time.

ha ha. didn't snap to that. i guess those would be start times. would like to find out what happened. the problem with that whole class is for what it cost to buy a rhino and get it to survive a race is that you can build a 9 car or just run sportsman or in the case of snore with the new champ car class build a car alot less than the cost of a rhino.