Jap 110cc quad

Raptor0206

Those engines are super easy to work on.Here is a link from ebay... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/110cc-head-base-gasket-fit-1P52FMH-series-engine-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e5c206ad7QQitemZ130394647255QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories If you are slightly mechanically inclined you can do it yourself. The cam stays in the head//You take those 4 bolts off on the top, Take off the cam gear, and remove the head..Replace the gasket, line up the marks on the fly wheel with the marks on the case, line up the mark on the cam gear with the mark on the head, and torque everything back down. Here is a video from youtube....

Watch this video and you will see how easy it is..I was surprised how simple it is..I put a bigbore on my daughters quad.

So i picked up a 110cc jap quad for my GF's son and its got a blown head gasket, does anyone in town here sell gasket/parts for these things?

the motor is honda based

If its a honda based engine on a China quad, i would have to make a good guess of it being the GY6 engine, which was a scooter engine used by Honda in the 80's and they discontinued it so everyone started copying it. You can get a new engine for around 200 bucks. They will run pretty good, just watch all the rubber parts on them from the spark plug wire to all the bushings, etc.. I would replace everything that is rubber little by little. That is the only issue i have had with my older daughters 150 Hibird quad, runs like a champ still after 2 years and they ride that thing alot. Also, get some extra chains or buy a good one, because the cheap ones stretch really easy beyond adjustment. Hope this helps you.

Joe, i know the raptor is a jap quad. The reason i said jap is because its one of the cheep quads u see for 500-1000 bucks.

I already have the motor apart, the gasket it blown into the timing chain grove, ordered a new gasket off ebay for 8 bucks and guess i will see if i can get it to fire up before i go ahead and pop 200 for a new motor.

Thanks for the video helps a little, for some reason my timing marks are backwards of that motor?

• 1 month later...