Halloween Weekend

CaptNkllm

Made it in around 6pm Fri night... Weather was mild... real nice... unloaded and said hi to old friends and Hi to new ones.. Man some people I havnt seen for a while lol..

Drove around a little in the sandrail looking for some late commers at the entrance.. Headed back to camp and ate and hung around the camp fire... wheeeew it was nice.

Kind of a large camp that what usually prefer but all in all in was good... no problems except for some a$$hat arizona visitor that insisted on using the N word for every sentence. After waking up early... early Sat morning to 70mph winds thought the weekend was done... but after about an hour and a half it calmed to a breeze and out we went to clean up the mess and find my gloves left out..Hopped in the car and went to see Sand Snake... nope he was still sleeping... sucka lol

Wow the Dunes were perfect and man were they smooth.. after a couple single car runs we headed back to camp to eat and see who else is up.. warmed up to short and -shirt weather... Comp hill was pretty good except the far right side.... very dangerous ... 1 in our group hit it on his 2 wheeler and flipped.... punctured his stomach (on th inside)and refused to go get medical.. with in 2 hours it was bigger than a softball and blood bruised.... (finally went to medics today and now a trip to hospital). 40 gal of gas in the car, 1 RZR belt and a clogged carb on my sons quead was all the damage... Comp hill last night was busy but died down by 11 lol... everyone is old haaaa

1 hr run in the car this morning and then back to camp to load up..... bad timing all weekend... didnt see any of my usual friends and no one to follow in the dunes. Not packed but it seend that everyone that came this weekedn wanted to ride and there was a few close call out there..

will let Joe Duner chime in on his crash.... totaled RZR and he is pretty much ok.

Cant wait for TURKEY DAY!!!!!!!

Capt

First trip for us this year and the first trip is always a liitle strange. Left later then I wanted, but we pulled into dumont about 330 friday. Stuck the truck right in camp. I camped with NO one......cause they got there after me (almost dark) and didnt see me. Family..........arrrggggg.......

Weather was overall great. Great ride sat morning, after the wind. Smooth and great with a lot of changes and dangerous things out in the dunes. Sat afternoon, me and my boy were tearing it up back behind comp....when the rear WHEEL broke......not crack, not at the bolt holes....it separated the entire center section. So I found bert briefly, on the rescue quest but lost him. Thanks for the wood, I drove the car out, and put your wood by your trailer door later. You wernt around (bert)

I had the kids, even the baby, so no hill, or anything and I dont think I missed much really. No other drama, except a seperated trailer tire, and the tug out I needed when leaving. There was a guy by me stuck bad in a dodge and small fifth wheel but it looked like he a lot of help already. Pulled potesi really well, past a lifted blue duramax with dumont dunes .com sticker on the side......man it had to be going about 40 mph.....with a small tag trailer. Probably the big tires. Made the fire station at about 62 mph at around 25k lbs....truck is working great.

oh, we took our dog....a huge 5 month old german sheperd.......and she did great. She even rode through the dunes in the samurai.

Ahh what a great weekend. Feels great to get back out there and kick it with all our friends in the sand.

We went on quite a few runs this weekend. I left the bike at home and only brought the car. Glad I did too because it felt great to get a full weekend behind the wheel. We went on a handful of great runs with our group as big as 10+ cars and a few quads at times. It was pretty crowded sometimes in the dunes which made for some sketchy moments. There were a few issues with some sandcars throughout the weekend, but the worst ones luckily happened towards the end of the weekend. It seems this was everyone's first trip of the season to work out some bugs. We missed the meet & greet because we were out at Talladega getting Lou's car retrieved after a broken stub axle. Then vegas style buried his truck out there! LOL :dope: I yanked him out though and showered everyone in the meantime. driver.giftongue.gifdayum.gif

That weather was GREAT this weekend! Temps in the high 70's/ low 80's and perfect at night. That wind was crazy early Sat AM, but luckily it stopped. Just enough to somewhat smooth things out.

Seemed like attendance was slightly less than last year, but still a very good amount of people. Comp hill was still packed as usual. The rows went clear to the back. I loved that short bus ice cream truck that was selling glow sticks, snacks, and misc stuff at the hill. What a bitchen idea.

As usual we brought way too much food, but it sure was fun getting rid of it all. laughing.gif We fed half of camp with all the pollo asada Chad brought.

We had quite a few trick or treaters come by Sat night. We had fun handing out candy and partying at the trailer. I took some cool pics of all the kids' costumes too. I'll get them up soon.

I feel so sorry for Joe Duner. 2 young girls collided him and in his RZR and both RZR's got destroyed. :( Luckily he didn't get too banged up and hopefully the girls are ok. They got airlifted out I heard but should be ok. That was the only big bummer of the weekend.

Saturday AM....seeing Bert pull up in his new SCU in camp gave me goosebumps. I am so happy for him and his family to have that car all together and at the dunes. He has put so much time into getting it together and it looks so sick! Congrats again man.

All in all...great first trip of the season! We'll be back in 2 more weeks for the poker run. I love Halloween out there, but am looking forward to a less crowded Dumont and off weekend. beerpint.gif

Arrived at Dumont at about 10:30 pm Friday night. Was suprised by the amount of people, I've never been out on holiday. Well anyways set up camp ( my tent ). Went out for a midnight run. Messed around Comp and Banshee hill. Went back had couple of beers and knocked out. Woke up at 6 am saturday to a crazy a$$ wind storm. It was just me in the tent and I jumped out took everything out and my tent then collapsed like a taco haha. so I rolled it all up and stuffed it in the back seat of my truck. Slept inside nice and comfortable. Dunes were chewed up compared to 3 weeks ago that I was out here. Had an awsome time. Didn't take videos or pics was too busy riding. Comp hill Saturday night was insane. Big amount of people there. Got back knocked out ( slept in my truck lol ) woke up n loaded up and headed out. Had a blast.

Got in Thursday night about 7PM and set up, relaxed and a few beers until midnight. Woke up and found a whole city had sprouted all around us. I thought there were more people than last year by a long shot and BLM said they were surprised by the turnout. Apparently they had a fatality Thursday night/Friday AM. It was not vehicle related but its always sad to hear of a loss at the dunes no matter how it happens. My thoughts go out to the family and friends.

Sat. morning we woke up to a strong wind and a whiteout. Right about 9:00 it flattened out and we were good for the whole day. Caught up with the DDR crew and had a great ride until we stopped for a break only to find out that I couldn't get out of my seatbelt. Needed a screw driver to pry the locking bar up. When we went to take off the belt wouldn't snap and lock into position so I cruised back to camp for a little cleaning and getting the sand out of the latch. Took a friends , friend for a late ride at dusk and he was really stoked at his first sand rail ride. After casing a 100' jump on his 2 wheeler his statement was" Now I see why people buy sand rails" It is always fun to introduce people to a fun ride on the dunes.

Stopped by Pete's camp and went out for a short ride and photo shoot of Bert's beautiful car and family this morning.Then over to comp where Pete got some really cool shots of my car going up comp caching some air. Something it does not do very often. Can't wait to see them posted up.

Road in was great and the Sheriffs kids training class was a nice addition for the kids on a great Halloween weekend. Again my thanks to the Blm,San Bernardino sheriffs and all others who were out there for our protection and fun.

I thought the dunes had lot's of trash on them for so early in the season and comp had a little less mess than usual so maybe our message is getting through somewhere. Looking forward to the poker run see you then!

Terry :ynot:

Just wanted to thank everyone that came by the CHILL OUT ICE CREAM truck we had a lot of fun and all the little and big trick or treaters were fun on Saturday, hope to see everyone Turkey Day!! :rockon:

Edited by snocone

Rough one for the start of the season.....We found out who really spent time on their ride in the off season-

Rail Issues with group:

Broken Reverse in 2 different cars (both 2D's)

Blown Engine (subie)

Smoked a turbo (oil line broken)

Fried Altenator

broken front A-arm

Still all had an effin blast. Good peeps this trip so no real trouble at all compared to last Haloween. Can't wait to go back.

post-3376-036508900 1288651088_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good shots Freak!! I think the Saturday morning runs were my favorite part of the trip :whoop: I got my first fast run through the sand in Pete's sand rail and was holding on to the "oh sh*t" bars so hard my hands felt cramped :headbang1: It was amazing and makes me want a rail in the worst way now! It was a great trip and I'm looking forward to many more this season. The pollo asada was out of control on Friday :laughing: 10 and half pounds for four people might be to much! :lol: I had a good time and I'm looking forward to seeing some of vegastyle's videos that he got of some of our runs. Good times for sure!!

I rolled in at around 9PM Friday with the family. The smell of the dunes was an exciting feeling considering it has been 7 Months since my last trip.:ban-split:

Set up camp and drank a few :beerpint: . Relaxed for the night and I was told By MXRADDAD Saturday night I brought the wind with me. He was wondering if I was going to Show up after it blew like crazy saturday morning around 5AM. I felt his pain after all his efforts for trying there best to bring such a cool feature to Dumont on Halloween. I took a few pics. Hopefully next year the wind will cooperate. :DDRrocks:

Went out for a run on Saturday and ended up becoming a rescue mission and quite fun doing it. I was like Steve are you going for it. He was yiah why. On the way back we was like Oh Shiat. Time dig and air down. Asked if he was ready to do it again and he said Why not. Thats the DDR spirit. One hellofa Group. :beercheers: . Some Jack a$$es were cutting right across from us on the way over the ridge we gunned it anyways. Good thing that it appeared only to be a license plate bent to the shape of the bumper and nothing else from the impact on the way down.

Saturday night I took my two little girls Trick or Treating. Filled two Platic bags Full. Too much candy and great that all the camps participated and gave away candy. I dig on Dumont for Halloween. Girls were stoked. Even came home sunday night and had round two.

Hit Comp saturday night and checked out all the ruckus. Man there was some great costums and a couple crazy ones. I have to say the dude whom made a Duct Tape G string type under wear must have been hurting. Also there was a man all in love with his manaquin.He had to have everyone check her out. Must have been a little off i the head.

I finally made a killer run before I headed home Sunbday at arounf 12.30. Dunes were not too bad and could find a smoth line all the way across. Damn am I hurting today. Hell I can not wait to get back.

Good seeing all the Great peeps from DDR and I am sure I will meet with many more for the poker run.

I also Noticed some one knocked over the north pole again on sunday morning.

The road was Awesome heading out. A+

I did not take too many pics. The weekend blew by.

post-1377-071583700 1288672795_thumb.jpg

post-1377-036855200 1288672831_thumb.jpg

post-1377-067476800 1288672844_thumb.jpg

post-1377-054301600 1288672857_thumb.jpg

post-1377-038419200 1288672871_thumb.jpg

post-1377-023685600 1288672888_thumb.jpg

post-1377-073349000 1288672905_thumb.jpg

post-1377-090509200 1288672922_thumb.jpg

We managed to get over half our camp together plus some others from some other camps for a north pole run. We kept a decent pace concidering how many people went on this run.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/16418936" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="

Camp Run Halloween</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user2519241">Mike Geen</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

I already fixed it for ya Mike. Not sure what goes wrong. :dunno:

It must be something wrong with my laptop. It works ok from my other computer. Of course I could not fiure out why I could not edit my own stuff from this computer untill I realized that I was logged in under a super old account. :dope::blondie::laughing:

Made it in around 6pm Fri night... Weather was mild... real nice... unloaded and said hi to old friends and Hi to new ones.. Man some people I havnt seen for a while lol..

Drove around a little in the sandrail looking for some late commers at the entrance.. Headed back to camp and ate and hung around the camp fire... wheeeew it was nice.

Kind of a large camp that what usually prefer but all in all in was good... no problems except for some a$$hat arizona visitor that insisted on using the N word for every sentence. After waking up early... early Sat morning to 70mph winds thought the weekend was done... but after about an hour and a half it calmed to a breeze and out we went to clean up the mess and find my gloves left out..Hopped in the car and went to see Sand Snake... nope he was still sleeping... sucka lol

Wow the Dunes were perfect and man were they smooth.. after a couple single car runs we headed back to camp to eat and see who else is up.. warmed up to short and -shirt weather... Comp hill was pretty good except the far right side.... very dangerous ... 1 in our group hit it on his 2 wheeler and flipped.... punctured his stomach (on th inside)and refused to go get medical.. with in 2 hours it was bigger than a softball and blood bruised.... (finally went to medics today and now a trip to hospital). 40 gal of gas in the car, 1 RZR belt and a clogged carb on my sons quead was all the damage... Comp hill last night was busy but died down by 11 lol... everyone is old haaaa

1 hr run in the car this morning and then back to camp to load up..... bad timing all weekend... didnt see any of my usual friends and no one to follow in the dunes. Not packed but it seend that everyone that came this weekedn wanted to ride and there was a few close call out there..

will let Joe Duner chime in on his crash.... totaled RZR and he is pretty much ok.

Cant wait for TURKEY DAY!!!!!!!

Capt

Tim went to ER finally, no internal bleeding luckily. Just severe bruising. He went back to dumont today and found his missing dog. Decent weekend. Didnt see alot of the regulars. Did see Berts beautiful new car. Attempted a ride, had some technical difficulties had to head back to camp. Ill be looking for ya at poker run Bert for my raincheck. lol Hope to see some of the familiar faces at the poker run.