Halloween Weekend

CaptNkllm

Got to the dunes about 8am on Saturday.

Got unloaded and had to finish up a couple things on the car. :blury:

Got everything done and went to make the rounds to see everyone.

Ashley and the girls came out Sunday morning and we had some very nice runs with the car with the whole family.

Ashley was very impressed with how the car rides.

A very good weekend with very little issues on a brand new car.

post-4-083837500 1288677169_thumb.jpg

Edited by sanddunesaddict
  • Like 1

Ashley and the girls came out Sunday morning and we had some very nice runs with the car with the whole family.

Great pic of the family and car Bert!! Girls are getting big

great long weekend wed-sun. good to see the dune family again. took a lot of rides burned a lot of fuel. filled the gopro 16gig card i will be uploading videos as i get them edited.

the first video is me following joeduner and OGP with 80grit bring up the back

.<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=16419539&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=1&color=&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&loop=0" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=16419539&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=1&color=&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="

the RZR brothers at dumont</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user4679399">steve t</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Got in Tuesday afternoon after our 7 hour haul :yiah: . Only to be welcomed by some awesome dunes :atv: . Set up camp :stirthepot: waiting for the rest of our group to join. A little wind here and there but the weather was great. I love Dumont I like to brag to people about how great this place is because a lot of people we know go to Pismo. I can not say that this time. The dunes were trashed! When we drove in on Tuesday the bathrooms had trash piled up in the entry way. Then all the trash that blew with the wind, like people didn't know it could get windy. I am just sad! I know not everyone is perfect and accidents happen but like it is a secret that it gets windy out there. Did anyone see comp after sunday night? We were there until monday(lucky us) :whoop: We had some people camped next to us that left sunday and left trash all over the ground, a bag of trash(I wonder why they bothered with the bag), a solar pool cover?, and a broken e-z up frame!post-1062-091418400 1288690460_thumb.jpgpost-1062-064299000 1288690485_thumb.jpg Then next thing we know a person walked up there like they were looking for something. Someone in our group drove over there and pointed them to the trash they left but they blamed it on other people camped near by. Come on seriously? So we picked up the bag of trash and the frame and pool cover. I am affraid that Dumont is going to get shut down because every time we go it seems to worst than the time before. All total our group picked up 3 bags of trash a pool cover e-z up frame 8 cones and misc. trash in the area of our camp and cans when I cruised the Rhino. We had a great week duning and riding in the canyon. Please share with everyone especially the young crowd pack it in pack it out and take a little more if you can. If everyone picked up after just themselves that would be enough. I hope we can come down for the clean up this year. Thanks to all the friendly people, vendors and mother nature for a great week!!!

rolled in friday night after dark with a trailer full of bikes and most of my family. it has been like 5 months since i've been on the bambarduhyay so me and my 19y/o son decide to go on a night run to comp and maybe further? we decide to make it longer and end up riding from one end dam near to the other and back.....i haven't been on a night run that long in years, so by the time i got back my wife had already had me declared legally dead! i knew it had to be early up sat morning with that wind and it sure didn't dissapoint. really nice the first couple runs and we milked it bigtime....stayed on those bikes all morning til it got pretty tore up(thank gawd for bombardier). next up is my 9y/o son runs into a pickup in the afternoon and that was amajor bummer. he was alright but the pickup wasn't.....coulda been worse i suppose. trick-or-treating went well for the kids.....more candy than they will be allowed to eat. found THE ddr camp(s) in the process....gotta camp with those guys someday cause they KNOW how to dune! sunday i got to take my 9 and 10y/olds on their first trail ride on the 250's.....they have made a lot of progress lately and i was so proud of them! last rides i got were in wades desert dynamics ls7 powered dual sport buggy.....sweeeeet......i guess that will have to do until thanksgiving.

WOW BERT THAT CAR LOOKS ALOT BETTER IN THE SAND THAN WHEN I SAW IT THE LAST TIME BEING BUILT IN SANDSNAKE'S DRIVEWAY

I HOPE TO MAKE IT OUT THERE FOR NEW YEARS SO I WANNA GO FOR A RIDE!!!

we got out there Thursday around 5ish... had to air all the tires on all the toys. man 19 tires is WAY too many... finally had 1st beverage around 7ish and from then on it was all GREAT times!!! It was an awesome awesome trip, saw folks I haven't seen in months and great to throw back some cold ones with my regular buddies..

Trick or Treating from the McFlurry is the bomb kids LOVE IT!!!

so sore! a GREAT sore tho! cant wait until next trip!

It was great to get out in the dunes again! Got some good runs in and the car held up great for 6 days. My friend John, (Sandemon) didn’t have as much luck. He was plagued with issues from the start culminating in a thrown rod through the engine case. It was good to get out and see some friends I haven’t seen in awhile.

Bert, congrats on the new car, I knew it would be there. May it bring your family years of enjoyment!

Shout out to Brian and family AKA Camp idiots(?) Thanks for letting me try some photo experiments on your car (I’m still working on them).

I will rant for a moment, after my accident last year, I am like a fighter pilot. My head is on a swivel and I’m looking for threats all around. Unfortunately, I feel alone. People, PLEASE,, look over a dune before you cross. I had three close calls and one was potentially bad. I don’t think the owner of the Sand Pirates car has any idea just how close his family on the right side of his car was from major injury. I was cruising along in a bowl and his car just appeared right in front of me. I slammed the brakes and turned right hard. My car pitched sideways 90 degrees and cleared his by INCHES!!!! They kept going like I wasn’t there. Shortly after that, a dirt bike crossed my path looking the wrong way. Luckily, I anticipated him and slowed down. He never saw me. Later a sandrail crossed in front of me and they were all looking up hill. Never knew I was there. I even nailed the throttle and pulled up on the left side high on the bowl to waive but no luck so I turned away. It had a Subaru engine with lime green covers. My car got creamed last year, Joe duners RZR got creamed (just heard this here and hope he is OK), and it sounds like others have been close. I now run my front lights on during the day, hope it helps. I will be looking out for you,, PLEASE, look out for me. Rant off.

I did take lots of pictures and will post up some tomorrow.

great long weekend wed-sun. good to see the dune family again. took a lot of rides burned a lot of fuel. filled the gopro 16gig card i will be uploading videos as i get them edited.

the first video is me following joeduner and OGP with 80grit bring up the back

.<object width="400" height="300"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=16419539&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=1&color=&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&loop=0" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=16419539&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=1&color=&fullscreen=1&autoplay=0&loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="400" height="300"></embed></object><p><a href="

the RZR brothers at dumont</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user4679399">steve t</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Good video Steve! Thanks for sharing.

I pulled that sand pirates car out last year, and I didnt hook the strap up, he did.....and he hoked it to the wrong bar and when I pulled him out, the bar got really bent. I was alittle miffed about it, cause it seemed obvoius to me that you wouldnt hook a strap to the ice chest holder bar.

I agree, it seems the driving is more relaxed then ever. I see you kids regularly piloting rzr's and side by sides alone. I see way to much fast and unsafe riding in camp areas. In the dunes.....you would think at least a few general rules would apply but it sure doesnt seem like it.

It was great to get out in the dunes again! Got some good runs in and the car held up great for 6 days. My friend John, (Sandemon) didn't have as much luck. He was plagued with issues from the start culminating in a thrown rod through the engine case. It was good to get out and see some friends I haven't seen in awhile.

Bert, congrats on the new car, I knew it would be there. May it bring your family years of enjoyment!

Shout out to Brian and family AKA Camp idiots(?) Thanks for letting me try some photo experiments on your car (I'm still working on them).

I will rant for a moment, after my accident last year, I am like a fighter pilot. My head is on a swivel and I'm looking for threats all around. Unfortunately, I feel alone. People, PLEASE,, look over a dune before you cross. I had three close calls and one was potentially bad. I don't think the owner of the Sand Pirates car has any idea just how close his family on the right side of his car was from major injury. I was cruising along in a bowl and his car just appeared right in front of me. I slammed the brakes and turned right hard. My car pitched sideways 90 degrees and cleared his by INCHES!!!! They kept going like I wasn't there. Shortly after that, a dirt bike crossed my path looking the wrong way. Luckily, I anticipated him and slowed down. He never saw me. Later a sandrail crossed in front of me and they were all looking up hill. Never knew I was there. I even nailed the throttle and pulled up on the left side high on the bowl to waive but no luck so I turned away. It had a Subaru engine with lime green covers. My car got creamed last year, Joe duners RZR got creamed (just heard this here and hope he is OK), and it sounds like others have been close. I now run my front lights on during the day, hope it helps. I will be looking out for you,, PLEASE, look out for me. Rant off.

I did take lots of pictures and will post up some tomorrow.

Neal Great pics on your site. Always enjoy checking them out.

:headbang1: :headbang1: :headbang1:

Hellzzz Jiah! That trip was waaay needed.

Whit, Ryder and I had a great time with everyone.

Weather was awesome, Food was awesome, Peeps were awesome, Sand was busy and rough at times, but still awesome in my book.

I'm so stoked that Ryder digs on the dunes. :grin: Atta boy RooRoo.

Bert, your car is Sweet bro. Congrats!

Thanks Pete, Monkey, and ChadWizzle for the killer pollo dinner.

Our Pot luck at Crusty's was some damn good eats too.

I didn't bring my YFZ, but had a blast with the rail, ATC70, Baja 5b RC car, and my RC Wing. :ban-split:

Was a great trip all in all.

Good to see everyone again. Lookin' forward to an awesome season. :fo_shizzle:

:beercheers:

R-

I had to edit the video a bit, this is the new version. Sorry. Oh and BTW, awesome pics and videos everyone. Thanks for posting those!

You make one hell of a video. If you don't mind me asking, what editing software do you use?