Looking for parts to IRS buggy..

sandawg

Got to find some parts to make my swing arm "Type 1 into IRS. will need hubs and brakes too and IRS for side of tranny. Any parts out there???

Thanks.

Am considering an extended front aluminum beam too suggested by Bert. Not sure how available they are or

how much.

Help appreciated, any info!

:broke:

:old:

ok pat theres a irs trans on craigslist now for 100 bucks

but then again you dont know what your getting

then you need irs axles

plus the other items you mentioned

you will spend about 1,500 to 2,000 for good stuff.

i do have your solution ??????

FIRST OF ALL GO OUT AND GET SOME SUSPENSION SEATS.

That will help alot until you get your other items.

throw the other fiberglass HARD seats in the trash.......or the FIRE.. LOL.LOL.

If your car is mid engine it probably doesn't have a torsion housing to mount the irs arms to?

Understood but I can fabricate the arms and attach to existing frame. Somehow?? And then go with a longer shock mounted differently with coil over shocks.

if you wanna convert swing axle to irs and you have a torsion tube, then you wanna get the IRS jig about $100 (so say you dont need, but makes life easy and they include a magazine article from Hot VW to show you pics and instrucitons on what you need to do and their recommendations) and IRS conversion pivots about $60 from pacific customs.com, it will cost you about $160 bucks and a weekend, but easy for even a novice fabricator to accomplish. I would know we just did my dad's and it worked out great.

if you wanna convert swing axle to irs and you have a torsion tube, then you wanna get the IRS jig about $100 (so say you dont need, but makes life easy and they include a magazine article from Hot VW to show you pics and instrucitons on what you need to do and their recommendations) and IRS conversion pivots about $60 from pacific customs.com, it will cost you about $160 bucks and a weekend, but easy for even a novice fabricator to accomplish. I would know we just did my dad's and it worked out great.

No torsion tube, it will be a full fabrication for sure. I will be a challenge but I'm up to the challenge if I decide to go ahead with it!