Riverside Police officer killed

Dune Dad

A Riverside Police officer was shot and killed last night during a car stop that turned into a foot presuit. Around 9:45 Sunday night Officer Ryan Bonaminio stopped a Semi thought to be involved in a hit and run along Market St near the 60Fwy. The truck continued a few blocks than stopped next to Fairmount Park. The driver of the Semi jumped out and ran into the dark park. The officer followed on foot. A fire fight was herd shortly after. The Semi driver than ran back to the semi and drove off into the night. Responding officers found the down officer in the park. The officer was transported to the local hospital where he was pronounced dead. The suspect is still on the run. The only discription of the suspect is a Male wearing Dark Clothing. Unknown Race, Build or Make of the Truck. I hope the officer called out the trailer plate to dispatch before he went into foot pursuit....

Officer Bonaminio was a four year veteran of the department and a U.S. Army Veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

My Prayers go to his family and friends....

I hope the suspect is caught SOON!!

Edited by Dune Dad

I heard about this: it's about 5 miles from where I live. What a piece of :poo: . As if drivers don't have a negative stereotype already.

I have a sister and a couple of buddies that work in law enforcement, and this is my biggest fear for them; some coward with a piece, on the run...I hope they catch him quick, and let him bleed out slow!

What are the chances the truck was driven by an ilegal loaded with drugs!!!!!!!!

Or it was stolen!

I sure hope he called in a description of the truck and the plate in the stop, prior to the stop!!!!

It sucks any time one of our finest are killed!

Edited by SANDAWG

What are the chances the truck was driven by an ilegal loaded with drugs!!!!!!!!

Or it was stolen!

I sure hope he called in a description of the truck and the plate in the stop, prior to the stop!!!!

It sucks any time one of our finest are killed!

The Semi Truck was a Stolen rental from a local yard.It was Only the Tractor/Truck Not a trailer. The truck was found a few blocks away with nowbody around. The officer did not a shot off!!

The Dash Cam got a shot of the driver... Not easy to make out the driver.

I believe the driver was a male black man in his 40's, they are saying now that the officer and the suspect had a altercation after a small foot chase and that the suspect may have used the cops gun to kill him, they did not recover the cops gun on the scene..

Thay also made an arrest at a target in Riverside last night and think they got the guy who did it, big change in story earlier where they said they shot at eachother in the dark, dam news media!!

I believe the driver was a male black man in his 40's, they are saying now that the officer and the suspect had a altercation after a small foot chase and that the suspect may have used the cops gun to kill him, they did not recover the cops gun on the scene..

Thay also made an arrest at a target in Riverside last night and think they got the guy who did it, big change in story earlier where they said they shot at eachother in the dark, dam news media!!

the cop got shot with his own gun and they got the gun now and the guy that shot him