service 4wd warning 04 yukon

draggindre

so this morning, i start my truck and the service 4wd warning comes on, so im ok kool need to check this out. while on my way to work getting on the freeway i fill the truck jerk and rpms drop check engine light comes on and the truck puts itself into four low. i pullover and try to get the truck back into 2wd but it wont go.

has anybody had this problem? i need help.i would like to be able to make it to the dunes for turkey day.

truck info

2004 gmc yukon xl 3/4 ton 4wd 6.0 eng auto trans with 65000 miles.

oh yeah i also used the onstar diagnostics and all they told me was 4wd malfunction needs to be repaired within the next seven days.

thanx for the info is there any spacific checks i can do to make sure or is it so common that i should get a new set of switches

Mine locked into 4 lo in Glamis 3 yrs ago and it took about 20 min for it to reset... Havnt tried 4lo sense lol afraid it might get stuck

Pete how much is the sensor or switch..

Capt

so this morning, i start my truck and the service 4wd warning comes on, so im ok kool need to check this out. while on my way to work getting on the freeway i fill the truck jerk and rpms drop check engine light comes on and the truck puts itself into four low. i pullover and try to get the truck back into 2wd but it wont go.

has anybody had this problem? i need help.i would like to be able to make it to the dunes for turkey day.

truck info

2004 gmc yukon xl 3/4 ton 4wd 6.0 eng auto trans with 65000 miles.

oh yeah i also used the onstar diagnostics and all they told me was 4wd malfunction needs to be repaired within the next seven days.

maybe disconnect the battery for a few min too see if that would help.....got too love modern technology or not....good luck...o I forgot go to the dieselplace.com and maybe you can find your answer...they might be able to help...

Edited by goodguys75

maybe disconnect the battery for a few min too see if that would help.....got too love modern technology or not....good luck...o I forgot go to the dieselplace.com and maybe you can find your answer...they might be able to help...

They might help you out at diesel place or call 4 wheel parts,

maybe a total fluid loss or something like that..

I think resetting the electronics is a good start..then check the differentials and transfer case or any wires comeing from their that be have gotten unplugged or broken

thanx for all the info on this i just got a chance to run the scan tool on the truck and it gave me code p2771 which is 4wd low circuit fault called gm and they have switch in stock price is 98.51 gonna pickone up when i get off work again thanx guys hope this fixes it and ill be at the dunes on wed.

• 1 month later...

i changed out the switch which i assumed is the push button one on the dash but the serv 4wd came on again i ran scan tool and no dtc is comeing up i did notice that when the serv light was one the switch on the dash was reading as if it was in nutral truck seemed to be moving just fine i stoped truck shut it off and then restarted it it was then reading 4 low put truck in nutral pushed 4 hi then pushed 2wd all went ok for the rest of the day. does anyone know if the may be another problem or if i changed the wrong switch truck has 67000 miles on it