Thankgiving Trip reports and pictures

bp-guy

We arrived Tuesday evening and left Sunday afternoon...joined Captkllm, Barefoot Bob, BPGuy and their crew's camp Thursday evening, thanks for the fun times and hospitality everyone!! :drinkbeer: :hungry:

Went on some great sandrail runs with David, Bob, James, Tim, Bert, Rob and Neal :driver: . David graduated from dune school and picked some great lines except once when he headed into the kiddie dunes :dope: ...Got some good quad rides in on Wed and Sun..headed out for a cruise on the quad early Sunday morning following some of the rails and ended up meeting up with the Eyeball crew...Barefoot Bob must have forgotten to shift out of 1st gear since a chick on a quad kept up!! :P:atv:

Weather was COLD and not much wind most nights so the dunes were a bit rough...our entire camp didn't spend much time out by the camp fire, so were ready for some early morning rides.

The crowd was better than Halloween, guess that's why there were less incidents. Still ran across a couple idiots in the dunes though....tip of the weekend- if you join a line on a dune run, jump in at the end and not right in the middle...especially if you can't keep up :thumbsdown: .

We didn't have any major problems with anything, but a couple things added to the to-fix and to-do lists.

No pics from us..can't compare to the quality of Tim, Rob and Neal's :laughing: . Thanks for all the great pics guys!

We arrived Tuesday evening and left Sunday afternoon...joined Captkllm, Barefoot Bob, BPGuy and their crew's camp Thursday evening, thanks for the fun times and hospitality everyone!! :drinkbeer: :hungry:

Went on some great sandrail runs with David, Bob, James, Tim, Bert, Rob and Neal :driver: . David graduated from dune school and picked some great lines except once when he headed into the kiddie dunes :dope: ...Got some good quad rides in on Wed and Sun..headed out for a cruise on the quad early Sunday morning following some of the rails and ended up meeting up with the Eyeball crew...Barefoot Bob must have forgotten to shift out of 1st gear since a chick on a quad kept up!! :P:atv:

Weather was COLD and not much wind most nights so the dunes were a bit rough...our entire camp didn't spend much time out by the camp fire, so were ready for some early morning rides.

The crowd was better than Halloween, guess that's why there were less incidents. Still ran across a couple idiots in the dunes though....tip of the weekend- if you join a line on a dune run, jump in at the end and not right in the middle...especially if you can't keep up :thumbsdown: .

We didn't have any major problems with anything, but a couple things added to the to-fix and to-do lists.

No pics from us..can't compare to the quality of Tim, Rob and Neal's :laughing: . Thanks for all the great pics guys!

:lol: dont expect anything out of me when my wifes in the car *shakes in fear* besides its been a while since ive been out so i was just wanting to sit in the pack and get reaquainted. so i guess i was slow footbob this weekend. probably to do with the shoes "yuk" but mostly the wife. hey got anymore boston cream dogs for henry????

kiddie tracks what kiddie tracks ?? you mean those tee tiny bumps we hit ??? :lol:

you should have been in your element right there with that short course gettin, gnc eatin funco of yours !!!! :grin:

Edited by barefoot bob

I forgot about the guy that jumped in front of me.. a little slow but whe he cant crest a dune then he has no business in a sand car!! Got him unstuck and he thanked us in

spanish (Glamis group I suppose). Great weekend with Kristin and Jim.. they are always fun to be with and fun conversation...WHAT? Those where not kiddie tracks that was a

Sahara style wind storm with no vision run lol...

Next day or 2 I will get that videos sent to Tim so he can edit them... Caught the rail gettin stuck on it.. so at least there is 1 good part.

Jay sorry to see you hurt yourself... prolly time to stay off your sons quad :beercheers::headbang1::laughing:

All in All a Super Duper Weekend :turkey:

Capt

Check out my mishap Chad!!!!!!!! There goes the season!!!!!!

I got back to camp from a night ride, and the kids come running out of the motorhome sreamin like idiots... come look come look....

After hearing the story, and seeing the bike, i'm shocked that it was only a broken arm...

I got back to camp from a night ride, and the kids come running out of the motorhome sreamin like idiots... come look come look....

After hearing the story, and seeing the bike, i'm shocked that it was only a broken arm...

otis was their a snake pit in the road right by your camp?

otis was their a snake pit in the road right by your camp?

i dont know what a snake pit is, but I didnt see anything out of the ordinary... kiddie circles, buried fire pits in the area.

Our Thanksgiving week was filled with many Blessings…

On Tuesday night I packed everything needed for a great time during that time my Niece’s Sister called wondering what we were doing for Thanksgiving. We let her know that we were going to Dumont; she advised us that her father was working and they really didn’t have any plans. So, of course we invited her to join us J

We left the house at 1310hours on Wednesday and after going to three convenient stores for gas & propane, we finally hit the road around 1400hours. … Oh’ and did I mention the “big” black cloud in the sky, I was sure it was going to rain – but NOPE, No Rain and we made it safely with a little sunlight to unload. The weather was chilly, but very beautiful. We just relaxed the first night.

Thursday – THANKSGIVING DAY, I was up early (of course), made myself some hot chocolate and chopped up veggies. . . . . .  I am always waiting for my Hubby to get his butt up and ready for the day! (He says his days off are for relaxing), I call it “dooo-to-doo Chilly beans” LOL  After he got up we  headed over to my friends camp and went for a little ride with my God-son (3yo) and his brother (4yo). After a mellow day we enjoyed a great Thanksgiving Dinner with all the fixing, including deep fried turkey. This was the second time I have ever had deep fried turkey; much kudos to the chief (Thanks David). I would like to also thank everyone for everything and for accepting us and the two teenage girls to your camp.

When night came, I called my Mom to wish her a Happy Thanksgiving, and she had to deliver bad news… Our Mittze kitty AKA P***Y became missing… that made for a sleepless night until my husband drove home in the morning and found her. Animal Control was on their way.

At around 1000, I got the word that she has been found ---- that made for a peaceful day and the ride with David & Tina was so amazing. It was breath taking and very memorable.

Then Saturday came and the black cloud followed me: starting with my truck being used to get someone out from being stuck or putting the Dodge into being stuck – (oops Bad Joke)

And then ..and then..Well the RZRs… we all know (that needs to know): Thank GOD for all the persons that helped in my situation and my arm is NOT broke. It is now bruised from my shoulder to wrist and my family doctor said it may look like this for 2-3months, it’s a Hematoma… “There was definitely an Angel with us that afternoon.” And I am glad to hear that there were NO fatalities during this past Holiday weekend.

After making it home safely we found my truck leaking oil and it was taken into the Ford dealer. The warranty covers a rent a car, so they gave us a ford focus that has a sign near the driver that reads: DO NOT EXCEED 80MPH – I laughed so hard!!!!

Ol’ Hill Billy has been working hard online to get parts replaced and ordered,  like; the roof…. Ouch!!! He has taken it so well. I am surprised that he has not kicked me out of our bed or the garage

- hahahaha-

would like everyone to know that we had a wonderful time this past Thanksgiving and I can’t wait for many more.

CaptNKllm – I “wub” you! /// Barefoot Bob – you rock!! /// “Freaken Camp daddy!” The rest of the group – All of you are “Great” people and appear to be DRAMA free.

***FYI, the snake pit was a fire that was covered in sand. Due to the HIGH winds, I was not confortable leaving a fire unattended :)

(This is my first post ever - I hope it reaches everyone in good spirits)

1st off let me start with.... WELCOME TO THE BOARD lol...1300hrs 1000hrs lol Dispatch ppl

I started reading the post and was thinking.... man ... that sounds like our weekend....lol ... it was.. haaa..The whole time I was thinking .... man they could have camped with us... DERRRR....

The weekend wasnt as Drama free as it usually is but good thing we had TURKey and Tatters to keep us warm:woopitydoo:

Glad everyone was ok in the RZR!! Could have been Nasty for sure.. Glad you guys camped in the group with us and were able to meet some of our friends... Good times for sure... My favorite Holiday..:ban-split:.. Rides were Epic but not as frequent as usual..

Tell Bill that 11 am is not morning anymore and that he just left half the day behind..... WAKE UP FOOO..:laughing::laughing::headbang1:..Turkey is best deep fried and thank you for the steaks.. them was YUMMY!! cant beat COstco:headbang1::headbang1:..:hungry::hungry: You guys are more than welcome anytime:beercheers:

Tell Drea.... DUDE!!! for me :dunno:....also dont forget Dodges dont do good when they are pulled into the sand :laughing:...

Capt

also thats a sh*tty pic that was took when the arm was laying flat. if i could have picked my arm up for the pic my hand would have dangled from the bend!!! you should of seen that bad boy in person it looked like my radius bone was going to puncture my skin!!!!!! :pissed::rant::dayum:

Sorry about your arm Jay!! Joe told me what happened and that it happened on one of the first runs out there. Get better soon! :thumb:

hey all... this was me and my dads first trip to dumont ever. i ride a trx700xx and he rides a outlaw 525irs. he had paddle tires and i didnt :thumbsdown: but thanks to the guys at kenda, the stock tires actually impressed me and quite a few other guys. i had a blast. the wind on sat night was rough but expected. messed our canopy up pretty bad. didnt see many irs bikes there though. deffinitly going to be a ritual from now on too. hope to meet and greet some new faces next time. sundays sand was perfect...sad to see so many people left sat night, but hadto beat the traffic. heard about how bad the cops could be but had some luck and no trouble there. unfortunatly, the van blew a tire outside of searchlight, but got it fixed quick and made it to dumont around 1 sat morn. still had fun though and gt to spend some time with the pops away from the fam. hope for more trips soon. catch yinz later. >>Peace<< :atv:

1st off let me start with.... WELCOME TO THE BOARD lol...1300hrs 1000hrs lol Dispatch ppl

I started reading the post and was thinking.... man ... that sounds like our weekend....lol ... it was.. haaa..The whole time I was thinking .... man they could have camped with us... DERRRR....

The weekend wasnt as Drama free as it usually is but good thing we had TURKey and Tatters to keep us warm:woopitydoo:

Glad everyone was ok in the RZR!! Could have been Nasty for sure.. Glad you guys camped in the group with us and were able to meet some of our friends... Good times for sure... My favorite Holiday..:ban-split:.. Rides were Epic but not as frequent as usual..

Tell Bill that 11 am is not morning anymore and that he just left half the day behind..... WAKE UP FOOO..:laughing::laughing::headbang1:..Turkey is best deep fried and thank you for the steaks.. them was YUMMY!! cant beat COstco:headbang1::headbang1:..:hungry::hungry: You guys are more than welcome anytime:beercheers:

Tell Drea.... DUDE!!! for me :dunno:....also dont forget Dodges dont do good when they are pulled into the sand :laughing:...

Capt

:beat: just remember :chevy: boy its not the tune !!! :lol: