Custom toolbox / workbench

MAXDOUT

Just finished up another toolbox / work bench combo at my buddies house. The garage had no cabinets or anything when he bought the house. So we installed white cabinets to match the inside cabinets and framed in a workbench. Had the diamond plate cut with a waterjet and then installed it and a custom galvinized top with back splash. All is left is move a couple outlets around,a little drywall pickup and paint.

post-448-038688900 1291845013_thumb.jpg

post-448-006290500 1291845024_thumb.jpg

Mostly Home Depot or Lowes. We did one with custom cabinets ordered with the home. But usually the local stores have good prices on them. The uppers in this photo are from Home Depot. They in turn matched the cabinets I installed on the side wall.

post-448-030855800 1291849514_thumb.jpg

i got some of those white ones from lowes taht were 100 bucks per upper was just hoping to find something a little sturdier that press board crap busted on me when puttin one together.. ohh well. Might just have to go that route.. was hoping to find someone remodeling their kitchen and tossing old cabinets kinda thing.

I'll keep my eye out for you.

We sturdy up the cabinets by putting 1/4 inch plywood over that crappy cardboard backer they give you. And we throw the piece of crap feet they give you as well. We mount them to the wall and resting on the stem wall. Finish off the underside with a toe-kick cut on the angle / slope of the garage floor. Much cleaner. :drinkbeer:

Edited by MAXDOUT