yamaha worrior wont run unless choke is on

draggindre

just had that happen on my daughters predator, clogged pilot jet.tried to clean it was varnished pretty good. went to osh and got the exact size drill bit to that hole. 1 pass clean assembled works perfect. btw: thanks dan @ powerhouse he diagnosed it over the phone !!

Agreed, I have a raptor 350, pretty much same engine. You can actually remove the jets without taking off the carb. Just loosen up the two clamps with an allen wrench that hold the carb to the air box and head elbow, pinch off the fuel line and remove from carb, twist towards the clutch handle side and with a small philips head screwdriver, remove the 4 screws on the bottom to remove the bowl. Take care to notate that there is a longer screw than the other 3, this one holds the small bracket for your carb adjust. Remove the pilot jet, the smallest one, with a flat head screwdriver, I then just got a piece of old cable TV wire, stripped it and used the center copper wire to clean mine out, worked like a charm. I suggest you give the whole carb a good spray with carb cleaner while you have it open and remove your main jet as well and clean it out also. When you tighten the jets back up, don't over tighten or you will make the job for you a lot harder in the future.