Presidents Day 2011

ltr450rider

:beercheers: Just trying to get a feel for this weekend out there. Even with the possibility of "wet ski's" how packed is this weekend as compare to like Thanksgiving? Just wondering if the sand will be too busy to bring the G/kids to ride on the dunes - Little Dumont just does not get it, so were just wondering how crowded it will get.

Thanks SP2 Mike :drinkbeer:

Edited by Sandpirates2

Going to be out there....... Got a new starter in the rhino so it will be nicer in the mornin when u go to start it..... camping with neighbors and friends of friends. bummer is we cant bring all the quads so we r bringin 2 quads for my boys( raptor 350, grizzly 125) and then the rhino for me and wifey!! guna be a great weekend not including all the rain...! :blah: :ddr: :grin::atv:

The weather channel has it up to 70% chance of rain, probably most the day saturday. It was at 40% two days ago. OH WELL. I dont plan on letting the weather affect me having a great time. If anything, less people, but doubtful.

And sandpirates, Id def keep the younger kids out of the big dunes. Maybe on the back side out by north pole. But in my opinion on big weekends, people dont watch out for others. I plan on getting alot of riding in on friday before it gets to busy.

I have been going to Dumont for 30 some years. in all that time i have seen it sprinkle but NEVER pour. I don't expect that it will be that bad and this site backs it up.

http://www.accuweath...st-weekends.asp

Prez Day 2005...it poured like crazy!

im guessing u werent out for new years then were u?

You mean Christmas weekend? Because I was there for New Years and it never rained. The sand was wet and the river was flowing, but it never rained that weekend.