Was anyone out at D this weekend?

dunefreak

No we are not still there, had to come home for a couple of days

It rained off and on Saturday and Saturday night. Wind blew too. I just wish it had blown first then rained. Maybe a dozen trailers & MH. Stayed cloudy all 4 days sun came out maybe twice? Charlie rode a little I got some cleaning done in the trailer, Doesn't matter anytime away from work, town & all the other crap that irratates me is a good time. We should be back out Thurs. night

Edited by ~JILL~

Going out thurs night also... come by and say hi.. have Charlie bring that belt also .. lease. See you guys soon

Capt

Charlie has the belt in the trailer. Do you want your dish back? He doesn't use it so thought you may still want it.

Thats where they keep that Sheryl girl who sings when they arent using her.

:laughoff:

All the places that people dumped the oil from their turkey fryers, the crows dig a hole in that area looking for what ever scraps might be there, leaves these holes that sneak up on you.

Some are good sized.

I like Sean's answer better. laughing.gif

All the places that people dumped the oil from their turkey fryers, the crows dig a hole in that area looking for what ever scraps might be there, leaves these holes that sneak up on you.

Some are good sized.

ok thanks...I had no idea...I dont even want to tell you what I thought it was :laughing:

could someone explain to me how dumping oil from a turkey fryer is different than dumping used motor oil in the ground in the area where people camp? Just sayin, that I don't see much difference and don't think LEO's would either.

could someone explain to me how dumping oil from a turkey fryer is different than dumping used motor oil in the ground in the area where people camp? Just sayin, that I don't see much difference and don't think LEO's would either.

Besides 1 is used in a car and the other in a fryer?:dunno: 1 is edible and 1 is not :dunno: or ... or ....:laughing:

I have never seen anyone deep fry a turkey in used motor oil :laughing:..... Terry... you dont cook for thanksgiving do you?:hungry::booty:

Capt

At least fryer oil is organic, and maybe turkeys will grow where is gets poured out. :dunno:

All kidding aside, I dont see how it could hurt anything, except your alignment when you nail one of those holes that the crows dig.

I agree with ynot...So if I dump my treated black tank that's ok versus dumping my untreated black tank not ok? Dumping is dumping...haul your sh!t home, whether it's trash, turkey oil or a f'd up, wind destroyed easy up and dump it in your front yard if it's that biodegradable!

Edited by Mr. Sandman

I agree with ynot...So if I dump my treated black tank that's ok versus dumping my untreated black tank not ok? Dumping is dumping...haul your sh!t home, whether it's trash, turkey oil or a f'd up, wind destroyed easy up and dump it in your front yard if it's that biodegradable!

In that case, I hope your the guy who never spits or pee's in the sand in the middle of a dune run. And I hope your picking up all of your firepit and hauling the ashes out. If your not, then your technically dumping.

Now dumping a black tank is a whole different thing, your talking about dumping a toxic/hazerdous material, especially if comes out of ME after a hard night of drinking some Firestone DBA's. Your waste tanks are a lot different than what you just cooked your thanksgiving turkey in (I hope).

My point is, anything non-organic or hazerdous to humans or animals, take it home and dispose of it properly. All you have done with the fryer oil is give the birds and desert critters a little treat. I'm sure BLM and LEO's can put it under the "dumping" category, and I'm not disputing that. I just dont see the environmental harm in burying a little liquified animal fat that will probably have broken down and dissolved in less than a month.

You should hold off from the keyboard when you havnt taken your meds:newyears::newyears::blury::headbang1::headbang1:... Sorry you cant distinguish between used cooking oil and Black tank sh*t on a stick... Ever tried cooking with black water?... didnt think so.. Its a biohazard... Huge difference between cooking oil and black tank waste. 1 is organic and 1 is actual waste. If you want to get technical throwing your plates, napkins, yada yada yada in the fire is illegal also...... What is treated black water?.......... its still black water at the end of the day. Cooking oil can be strained and used again if needed ... really dont think cooking oil needs treated before its handled. Dumping motor oil in the dunes is a totally different story

FIxed

Capt

Edited by CaptNkllm

You should hold off from the keyboard when you havnt taken your meds... Sorry you cant distinguish between used cooking oil and Black tank sh*t on a stick... Ever tried cooking with black water?... didnt think so.. Its a biohazard... Huge difference between cooking oil and black tank waste. 1 is organic and 1 is actual waste. If you want to get technical throwing your plates, napkins, yada yada yada in the fire is illegal also...... What is treated black water?.......... its still black water at the end of the day. Cooking oil can be strained and used again if needed ... really dont think cooking oil needs treated before its handled. Dumping motor oil in the dunes is a totally different story

Capt

David, not cool. Is that necessary??? Play by the rules.

For the record, Mr Sandman and ynot are right. The BLM doesn't care what you consider good and bad to dump. Bottom line...you are not permitted to dump. We can sit here all day arguing about what is ok and not ok for the environment. None of that matters because you are to take all your sh*t with you when you leave.

ynot , it's VERY different and you know that. cooking oil will not harm plants, animals, or humans. where motor oil and black tanks are. fresh water isnt harmfull either. im sure there is better ways to get rid of cooking oil than burying it im sure. we handled ours differently , but im not gonna get upset about a person buring cooking oil. :dunno: