Post up your sandcar

dunefreak

It's been a few years since everyone has posted up their rides and I know many people have something different now. I figured it would be nice to get a fresh thread going in here with some current pics of everyone's sandrails.

So...post up your rail! headbang1.gif

I'll post myy pix one at a time!!! :laughing: Chait happens!!!

Edited by SANDAWG

• 1 month later...

Yeah im pretty happy with it, thanks for the replies guys cant wait to meet some new people to dune with my group only makes it to dumont a few times a year is the only hitch. its about a seven hour drive for me but when we plan to go again ill let everyone on here know

:beercheers:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Taken at Egin Lake at Saint Anthony Dunes this year! The plate on the rear says OLSCHOOL. Guess that applies. no HP, no travel....... just a great ride for an old man that loves to dune :driver: and doesn't have the money :broke: to spend on a new long travel big HP rail. But there is good news..........................................I'm retired and can go to the sand any damn time I want to. :mischevious:

:old:

:usa:

• Like 1

Taken at Egin Lake at Saint Anthony Dunes this year! The plate on the rear says OLSCHOOL. Guess that applies. no HP, no travel....... just a great ride for an old man that loves to dune :driver: and doesn't have the money :broke: to spend on a new long travel big HP rail. But there is good news..........................................I'm retired and can go to the sand any damn time I want to. :mischevious:

:old:

:usa:

It's ok Pat I like the air foil on the front!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am old school too! Just finished mine in September, been to the dunes twice, trying to get the bugs worked out and learn how to drive the damn thing now. Here is a vid of this thanksgiving playing in the baby dunes just south of the North Pole. First buggy, making mistakes and having tons of fun!

reworked old school chassis, IRS, Standard king/link front, Toyota 4A-GE motor from 85 MR2, stock computer and fuel injection

post-4471-0-66629300-1322579511_thumb.jp

post-4471-0-73123000-1322579550_thumb.jp

Edited by WLD_OTZ

• 10 months later...

Here's a few recent pics of mine, almost done in these pics. Old school beam, mid travel front. I made the hood, dash, inside door panels, wing, firewall, and the front bulkhead panel. I broke my back, and it's healed well. Takes a long time at my age to heal haha

edit to add:

I guess I don't know how to post pics on this new format.

Edited by BigBlockTank

• 3 weeks later...