River crossing flooded, 12-24-10

dunefreak

I hope, as I'm sure many others will, that someone will post up more information about the access into Dumont, as the days go by.

I can only imagine how easy it might be to get stuck in that area, even after the majority of the water slows its speed.

Thanks for the pics

As of this morning there is no sign of the BLM. All of their equipment is gone. Maybe they gave up until later today. I would imagine they're probably waiting until the water level drops.

Sandchick & Malibu Mike are heading to Little Dumont now. They camped out before the crossing last night.

WHat trip was that Pete when David and Steve went through it over their hoods.Pres 05? I think thats when it was and it was worse than this.

Yep Prez 05. I am sure the water was flowing more than in was in the pics like last night. The BLM worker told Jodi it was the worst he's seen it in 20 years. So not sure if it is worse than 05 or not. I think I have pics of them. I'll see if I can dig em up.

Here is a pic submitted to DDR back in 05. I don't remember who sent it in. This was after the water had gone down the next day. This was back when there was that tiny slab where you had to make sure you didn't drive off the edge! laughing.gif

post-3-098212400 1293209375_thumb.jpg

Sitting at little dunes. The road that runs with the mountains is passable but will take over an hour to pass I think. The road closest to the hyway is doable but has a few really soft spits that would orolly get you. Seen 1 motorhome pass that way by the hyway but he had to stop on a hard spot to look for damage.

Thanks everyone for the updates, Im supposed to be heading out Sunday morning with a large group so the updates really help with the decision of do we go for it or change plans? Hopefully the water will go down and BLM can work on the crossing!! Fingers crossed!! :whoop::driver:

Are you with Charlene? She said they were hiking around last night checking stuff out :)

Not sure there were five of us at the Sperry wash entrance, but a couple rolled in as we were going to bed and didn't see anyone before we headed to little dumont. We are going to head that way in about an hour and I will send more pictures from the other side.

If that is the tecopa turn off that us open.. through pahrump is open on the backside also. Entrance road is not passable. Concrete held... there are 2 rivers 1 before The concrete. I will upload a video to utube in a few. 60 degrees and no one in the dunes and I mean no one at all. Slight breeze ir it would be shorts and t shirt weather