River crossing flooded, 12-24-10

dunefreak

What does that mean? Still too much water to cross?

Last night the blm guys said that there were two sink holes in the first little river and they estimated one to be too deep to try to cross they were trying to divert the water to fill in the hole, but the attempt failed, no one has been out to work on it today. I wouldn't take the chance to try it neither would Mike!! But we have seen it first hand, it's the first river that is sketchy! But to each their own. ;.)

Me and my pops are about to head out and give it a run, ill post updates and probably pics after lol

please let us all know I am planning on leaving today and we come from 10 hrs. away .. The info you guy's are giving all of us is great

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU

We were going to head to G but are looking at changing plans to Dumont, the adversity involved in getting out there is intriguing and will keep the numbers down :beercheers:

Those new holes in the river are going to be nice come April and May for the mid-day cool off with the ez-up and an ICB :beerpint:

Good luck to those trying to get in and thanks for the updates sounds like a trip to remember :thumb:

update from sandchick:

Still not looking passable!

Now there are three rivers and still no sign of BLM. Former camp hosts, Don and Ellen, crossed in their Jeep and the whole front end went under but they were able to get out! It is not recommended to try to pull a hauler or drive a motor home across yet!

12-25-10-river_update.jpg

I am sure that BLM will not be there today. Being Christmas and everything. I think they will be there on Sunday to start. I can not see them not do anything for this coming New Years weekend. They will loose a grip of money from campers that can not get in. Thanks for the updated pictures and information.

Still isn't passable . Water has gone down a little but the other river is still flowing good. No point in taking the road in and looking. Might as well do the little dunes and trek in this direction. 4 wheel drive can make it simple the back way. Good luck

I can't imagine that BLM has it in the budget to bring in the materials to repair/ make passable that road.

I am sure appreciative of all the input coming from you duners already there.

I'm going to try contacting some other vendors to see what their plans are.

More updates sent from sandchick...

A super lifted truck and flatbed trailer made it going full throttle

post-3-095720400 1293319082_thumb.jpg

I guess he almost got stuck the first attempt without the trailer, but he is super high and was hauling a$ the whole way

post-3-023333600 1293319232_thumb.jpg

She just talked to the guy in the truck. He said he had to hit it just right and there's a three to four foot drop off when you first hit it! dayum.gif

Pic of a pic...

(water up to the doors on a very tall truck!)

post-3-099456000 1293319464_thumb.jpg

Here is Malibu Mike standing next to the truck to show you what kind of truck went through. LOL

post-3-018582200 1293319481_thumb.jpg

I would guess that a truck & hauler or a motorhome might have some trouble. :laughing:

That super lifted truck had no choice. He had to cross. If he spent that kind of cash on all that equipment, this is probably the only opportunity he had to USE it. If he didn't try, he's got no reason to drive that truck. Props to him! It appears he needs to secure his fuel jugs a little better though.

That super lifted truck had no choice. He had to cross. If he spent that kind of cash on all that equipment, this is probably the only opportunity he had to USE it. If he didn't try, he's got no reason to drive that truck. Props to him! It appears he needs to secure his fuel jugs a little better though.

You said it just right. all that truck and can not cross. He would have many camp fire conversations right there.

Holly Cow is that Shiat Deep though. Good luck to the peeps trying to get across. Little Dumont will have a record breaking amount of duners though.