River crossing flooded, 12-24-10

dunefreak

Thanks for the pics sand chick, looks like it's going to be ROUGH out in the dunes for some time to come... :thumbsdown:

Your welcome! Trying my best to keep people informed. Yes the dunes were super tore up ruts the rzr kept kicking the back end catching all the wet sand. We still had a blast though! But it's definitely bumpy, I was glad I wasn't on my quad.

Glad to see peeps getting accross. I'm sure the road will get fixed just in time for it to rain on thursday and the run off will be there friday. :dayum: which of course is when we'll be rollin in. By the way is there going to be a meet n greet saturday????? lookin for some sand time :whoop::atv: Wet or not need a fix!!!!!

I just talked to a BLM worker with a tractor and they said the river isn't passable..there is a semi towing a 5th wheele trailer stuck in the middle of the stream. They had it passable but the dam they built broke and blew the river 500 feet wide. It isn't passable and wont be for a while.

I just talked to a BLM worker with a tractor and they said the river isn't passable..there is a semi towing a 5th wheele trailer stuck in the middle of the stream. They had it passable but the dam they built broke and blew the river 500 feet wide. It isn't passable and wont be for a while.

IS THIS A REAL POST or are you just messin' with people? 500 feet!?!? :dayum:

So the river is wider than a football field? Kind of hard to believe.

Sounds possible, if it broke loose again. Thats what happened the other night. They tried to divert the water up Sperry Wash rd. and by morning the water had broke through. Thursday morning it was 3 rivers 2 had been huge. There is a chance that if it broke through with that much water being held back the 3 rivers made 1 huge one. Me, no matter if it may look passable or not I wouldn't chance tearing my stuff up till that stuff was clear of that water( down to one small river accross the concrete) and well compacted.

It was that wide easy on thursday night. I can't imagine how it wouyld be now though. :dunno:

I just spoke to BLM and they are there now working on the road as we speak! If anyone wants information contact the Barstow BLM main office.