River crossing flooded, 12-24-10

dunefreak

i went out yesterday and like smitty said its sketchy going through it and then its even worse with all the people standing there with the cameras waiting for you to screw up and post it on youtube but theres nothing to swamp a toy hauler out i was hanging out with htown on vendors row and there had to be at least 10 -15 motor homes and trucks with trailers coming down vendors row by way of the little dunes so im assuming that way is ok

Came thru the wash today about 2pm,

talked a blm crew member he said to stay in the middle. Made it through with no trouble at all. The road at the wash is a little rough. Water level might be 1foot deep at the deepest point. Maybe! Take your time and take it easy you will be fine.

There you all have it. PASSABLE. Done. Period. Can we close the topic now? :laughing:

I spoke with Larry Blaine this AM and I was going to post up but the there was an issue with our server. Sorry the site was down most of the day, everyone. dope.gif

TCS T also made it through ok today in his big diesel and stacker. If he brought his rig through it, just about anyone will make it. He takes very good care of his sh*t and takes it very slow on the road in.

Thanks for everyone's help with updates and pics. That's what this site is all about, helping each other out as a community. beerpeeps.gif

Everyone enjoy your New Years weekends out at D or wherever you are celebrating! newyears.gifheadbang1.gif

Any news on the lower level/canyon area? That's where my group camps. I've got a 30' Class C pulling a 15' flatbed.

Thanks for all the updates. Hopefully the road will still be passable on Friday.

We didn't actually go into the canyon last weekend, but you could see from the entrance that it had been washed out. There wasn't standing water from what we could see and it wasn't soggy/muddy though it looked pretty rough and rutted. I'd say your best bet is to park and walk it when you get there just to make sure.

Can you guys that are already out there keep us informed of the conditions today with the new storm. Alot of people going to be leaving on thursday.. :beercheers:

I am gong to be driving a 79 grand torino with a 1 snow tire that i borrowed from my uncle it has 1 primered fender and spinner hubcaps on the front (non snow tire) pulling a 32 foot toy hauler it doesnt have 4wd drive but i got posi.

can i make it? :stirthepot::xmas_grin::beercheers: happy new years everyone cant wait to dune......

Can you guys that are already out there keep us informed of the conditions today with the new storm. Alot of people going to be leaving on thursday.. :beercheers:

I am gong to be driving a 79 grand torino with a 1 snow tire that i borrowed from my uncle it has 1 primered fender and spinner hubcaps on the front (non snow tire) pulling a 32 foot toy hauler it doesnt have 4wd drive but i got posi.

can i make it? :stirthepot::xmas_grin::beercheers: happy new years everyone cant wait to dune......

Nope, its a FORD. Go get yourself a '78 Chevy LUV mini truck, you will be just fine. :stirthepot: :chevy:

We came thru main entrance yesterday at 4pm no problems at all. I have a toyota tundra (not lifted or 4wd) We watched a lot of mohos and haulers going thru no prob also! Not too many people out here.

they are all out at the little dunes now...wait til today and tommorrow!

Pete-

Has the BLM considered making a small bridge in the areas that washout? Just some tubes in the ground and ramp over them to avoid this in the future?

Doesn't need to be a bride per say, just some way for water to pass under instead of driving thru it.

Pete-

Has the BLM considered making a small bridge in the areas that washout? Just some tubes in the ground and ramp over them to avoid this in the future?

Doesn't need to be a bride per say, just some way for water to pass under instead of driving thru it.

How should I know? Lol

I don't think it's a very simple thing to do regardless how easy it seems. Im just going off of how long it has taken for a government agency to do things in the past. There are many steps involved and it is very expensive. Maybe if they get some huge grant for maintenance or something like thry did for that fancy new ranger station.

Pete-

just pointing out your typo there........you MUST have meant bribe....not bride.....a bribe mite make things happen out there!...just talked to a friend out there and they just got back from the creek...they said something about a girl and a leprechaun crossing with no problem.....too many margarita's or were they talking about a leprechaun motorhome........we are heading out now to be there in 3 hours.

I dont know how to do all the dragging peoples comments into my comment! I have never talked "S" on the DDR forum but I am going to do it now! I helped with the letters from the south pole to our troops and have even started an adoptasolider letter program with my company! I tried to get people out to comp for clean up after a holiday weekend party, not just on clean up weekends and noone replied! It was always myself and "Mouthrulz" and a few other friends picking up everyones trash!!!!!!! I personally liked it better when NOONE knew about DD! When you had to crap at S$#$ tree, before the bathrooms, before vendors, before the ranger station and vendors or vendors row. We left Glamis for a reson!!Now I see a friend trying to help with up dates on the river and some smarta$$ has to make comments! FYI "svengoolie" mouthrulez is family and if you have something to say call me directly! I have no problem meetng you anywhere! One more thing , you must have been a bench warmer or you would have know a football field is 360' that would make the river a football field and a half less one endzone and 3.33 yards. Do you want me to break that down for you?

SVENGOOLIE send me a pm! I am working all week but will make arrangements to meet you at DD anytime to teach you math and football!

If you cant pm me, my number is 323-842-3985

Signed,

One guy over website trash talkers!

Wow! SERIOUSLY??? Just got back in to Cali from Christmas vacation in Arkansas and read every post on this thread. I'm just not seeing it. Are you really that high strung? I'm thinking maybe the Marine Corps could use a few badasses like yourself. Being a Razorback I thought I knew a little bit about football but I thought the part about roids shriveling your junk and making you all violent and whatnot was just a fallacy. Thanks for enlightening me that it is in fact true.

Pretty insane post for a DDR rookie. Maybe this place isn't for you, need a little thick skin to play in these parts.

Thanks though for supporting our troops.

Semper Fi

Ace

Ok Dune Shredder...no maragaritas.....Just dunnin ...too much fun cause all you sissys are worried about the river...lmao. Perfect day with sunshine....much better than the weather at home...:) Lake Dumont..gotta LOVE it!!!!:DDRrocks::DDRrocks:

post-7257-013717200 1293662833_thumb.jpg

FYI ........ to quote other ppl's posts just hit the multiquote on the bottom right of the original posters quote... you can multiquote all the ppl you want..... Is the Dumont River PASSABLE .... I want to drive my sons 250 back there... is it really doable?? How big is it? Soccer field? Basketball court? Indoor cafeteria?

Dont want to get stuck!!!! any news or information would help.... any pics to back up your assumptions????

CApt

We pulled in today at noon. Looks way worse than it is. All of us pulled in fine and right ahead of us a huge motorhome and trailer went a-ok too. Windy as all get out right now, but no rain. Dunes should be excellent in the am after wind like this! Happy new year to us!!!