Looking back at 2010

dunefreak

Looking back at 2010, I must say it was not too bad of a year especially considering the times. Anna and I still had a very kickass and memorable year as always with all the places we went and things we did. We're both healthy- bonus! We have some amazing friends and family in our lives. Our jobs are going great. Alot of people look back and b*tch about how crappy it was. Screw that. There are too many things to be thankful for. Sure it could have been better, but I must say I am pretty damn happy with it and next year is gonna be even better. Many great things are gonna happen in the new year.

Cheers to 2011, everybody. beercheers.gif I hope you all have a very happy new year. newyears.gif

:newyears: Pete - I could not agree more - its been a year, lets see......lost a job, which caused us to give up a house, but got a better job, found a better house. Had both back and shoulder surgery, but now the health is on the way up....I've got my family, same wife for 37years as of December 7th, and as long as I can take a breath and continue to take it day to day, it's hard to ask for more.

Happy New Year and Hell Yeah, Bring it on 2011.....

SP2 Mike

:peeps:

Made it a whole year here in Santa Barbara, which is not easy considering the cost of living here. Same as SP2, got laid off from the job that moved me here after 5 months but found a better job at Bicycle Bobs, although alot less pay. We can afford rent, food, and beer. Hell, thats all we really need anyways. I dont regret a thing about 2010. :beercheers:

Lets see..

My year started tragic with the passing of my grandpa one year ago today. Lost another great friend and fellow duner a few weeks later. But those tradgedies really helped me put into perspective what is really important in life. I realize now to not take people for granted. I still have my job, got a new truck, although given the choice I would rather have my grandpa. Ups and downs on the health department, but learning to deal and move on with it. I have a pretty darn great man in my life, can't ask for someone better, especially cause he fully understands the sand addiction :laughing:! My son moved here from Washington, I got to go home to Washington and visit the house that built me, reflect on life and visit family and close friends that I have missed for awhile. I have learned to cherish friendships and accept people for who they are.

Take life as it comes to you...

Looking foward to what 2011 has in store... especially my first trip to Hawaii in May, see a different kind of sand! :headbang1:

Great thread. Positivity :thumb:

We had a great year, FULL of trials, but we're are very blessed. My wife just cased it on her quad, this week at the dunes. She is sore, but nothing is broke :clap: I was able to repaint my rail this year. We had a fantastic Christmas. After almost losing him a little over a year ago, we have enjoyed watching our son grow, and play, full of life, full of personality. Work has slowed down considerably, but this allowed me to be home with my wife when she delivered our twin girls this October. They are healthy and growing, and "starting" to sleep through the night :yiah::yiah::yiah: . Our year has been a great one!

Very Good thread. 2010 was a good , nah, great year. Wife took a promotion in Reno, so moved there in October. Got to keep my job, though i'm home alot less during the week now. Reno is a very nice place. Miss all my friends and family in Vegas though. Parents and a couple good friends came up for Turkey day, and we came down to Vegas for Christmas. Douche Bag renters...had to kick em out. Now just gotta start 2011 lookin for new ones. All in all...very good year. Hope to make 2011 a good year too. Cheers to all.......... Live every day like it's your last, don't regret things you have done, you would'nt be where you are with out those decisions. :beercheers:

Last year was a slower year at work less profits, but that as they say is not what its all about. We kept everybody employed!

And we had some AWESOME trips in 2010 with the family and friends. Tanner started riding his quad this year so that will be fun! Sawyer s ALREADY riding his battery quad like a champ!

And on the 1st Tanner started riding his bke without training wheels. Very proud of him!

So yes u could look at last year as a half empty but I think I had a full glass of what matters!!!!

Looking for a better 2011!!!!

Have to admit 2009- 2010 were a very rough years for me, I left a 10 yr job to go find greener pastures and ended up gettin promoted 3 times in 8 mos and am finally back on top. Debts are getting paid off and me and the wifey have a goal!

Been working a ton and not having as much fun as usual but we are getting there, the credid cards and cars are almost paid off and im finally at a stage where the monkey is well and truley off our backs.

I gotta admit it has sucked not being in the sand but its short term pain long time gain, '09 was a year of "fuk it slap it on a credit card and lets have fun" well this year things have swapped and looking up, another promotion is in the works and the wifey landed a kickass job a few mos back.

Ive decided its time to concentrate on whats important, the days of tearing it up as much as possible and working my a$$ off just to party my a$$ off are behind me, its time to start working on mini brits :laughing: :laughing:

Anyway sorry for drolling on im just stoked things are changin and on the up and up, I am missing the sh*t out of every weekend in the dunes tho :dope: :dope: :dope: :dope: