dumont death this weekend?

seadoojumper

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep I heard similar stories like Doghouse did. Although I didnt know it was 2 different accidents. I just thought the story changed from person to person and one said it was a rzr and one said it was a rail. Why would anyone drive without their harnesses on? Sad that it could have been prevented. I buckle up even just to drive over to vendor row.

The mans name was Jesus Ruiz from north Las Vegas he was 37...If anyone knows anything about the lady I would like to know how she is...The rangers said We saved her life...

Edited by Shanerman

Coroner Case #701008641 - On 12/31/2010 at about 10:00 PM, Jesus Ruiz, a 37 year old resident of North Las Vegas Nevada, was the unrestrained driver of a Polaris Razor off-road vehicle who was off-roading in the area of Dumont Dunes in Rural Baker. While driving in the open desert, Ruiz lost control of the Razor causing it to roll over and ejecting him. Emergency personnel from Baker Ambulance responded to the scene and pronounced Ruiz dead at 10:30 PM from injuries sustained in the collision. The California Highway Patrol is investigating the collision. (01012011 2252 CN)

RIP fellow duner. The weird part is he went to school with my wife and she heard about the accident via F/B. She wasnt close to him, but still weird to see a fellow classmate dead.

And just like it was prev. stated, we have seatbelts in the toys for a reason...

Shanerman, the lady you are talking about is my sister Cindy. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I really don't know what else to say. I posted on a different site with a little different info than what you talked about. We didn't know that it was a 60 foot drop. Makes my stomach hurt even more. She said she wasn't sure about the seat belt but obviously he didn't have it on. Tragic. Cindy is at Trauma/ICU at UMC Vegas. She had 12 screws put in her back yesterday. The gash you are talking about has 25 stitches and 20 staples. I counted. It's gonna be a long road to recovery. Even worse Jesse is leaving 4 kids aged 7-14. Shanerman, is it possible for me to get your phone number so that I can thank you personally? I'm sure my sister will when she's able. THANKS again for helping them. You obviously prevented this from turning into a no survivor tragedy.

Carlos

Shanerman, I am responding and adding to my brother, Carlos' post. Our sister Cindy, is still in the trauma center at the hospital. Please please please call me or contact my bro with your contact information. We would really like to meet you and thank you for saving our one and only baby sister. My cell # 714-588-3360. thank you for responding.

Edited by Wendy

A total HERO in my book....Did something that he didnt have to and kept a cool head and knew what to do.....and who to focus on.. My heart goes out to the fallen Duner and our prayers go out to all involved...

CApt

Edited by CaptNkllm

Shanerman..........you are truely a HERO!!!!!!!!! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Seeing that and keeping your cool is something to truely be admired!!!!!

R.I.P. to the fallen fellow duner. Belts or no belts, none of us want to see something like this happen. My thoughts are with this family and wishing a speedy recovery for the lady in this accident.