dumont death this weekend?

seadoojumper

Shanerman, the lady you are talking about is my sister Cindy. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!! I really don't know what else to say. I posted on a different site with a little different info than what you talked about. We didn't know that it was a 60 foot drop. Makes my stomach hurt even more. She said she wasn't sure about the seat belt but obviously he didn't have it on. Tragic. Cindy is at Trauma/ICU at UMC Vegas. She had 12 screws put in her back yesterday. The gash you are talking about has 25 stitches and 20 staples. I counted. It's gonna be a long road to recovery. Even worse Jesse is leaving 4 kids aged 7-14. Shanerman, is it possible for me to get your phone number so that I can thank you personally? I'm sure my sister will when she's able. THANKS again for helping them. You obviously prevented this from turning into a no survivor tragedy.

Carlos

Carlos

Such good news for me and my friends...Call anytime 702-275-4751

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shanerman, thanks for the update and the phone number. I will call you. Also thanks to all your friends and anyone else that assisted. I'm eternally grateful and thankful that you acted the way you did. Just as someone previously mentioned you are a HERO.

THANKS

Carlos

Shanerman, you are quite the hero. Good for you and your friends' quick thinking and medical know how in the desperate time of need.

I never like hearing about tragic accidents like this out at Dumont. It hits close to home even though I didn't know those involved. I always look at other duners as friends.

Carlos, I hope for a speedy recovery for your sister. That is very sad about her boyfriend, Jesse. My condolences. If there is anything the community can do to help the family please let us know.

Jalper, my sister was wearing her seat belt. Broken back and all, she unclipped and got out of the razor to look for Jesse. She wouldn't be here if she wasn't wearing it.

Carlos

Thats good to hear, was jesse wearing his belt?

Sadly Jalper he wasn't. When I asked my sister at the hospital she said she remembered that he was but the coroner's report says otherwise. Truly sad.

Carlos

That is very sad, i am guilty of it in the past making short runs to venders row with just the lap belt, My condolences out to the family.

Thank you all for your support, I rote the story to get a fast reply from Cindys family,I did not know her name at first...Im so glad WE could help her, and so sorry there was nothing we could do for Jesse...My attention went to Cindy when I saw her face...Thanks again for everyones support on this...

Shane

good job Shanerman if it wasnt for you and the others that helped, jesse and cindy may not have been found till morning, because where they ended up was not a highly visable spot. thank you to all the heros that helped.

Thank you, im just glad shes alive... I would do it for anyone...

Not to talk away from this bad thing But How many of us stop at Baker Ice and speak to Grandma well Grandma had a accident on 12/31 on the way to Nevada she roll her Nissan truck was ejected and pass away on 12/31

Grandma we all Love you and you will be missed

If anyone would like to call JR grandma son You may do so His # is 760 9538965

Rest in PEACE

Smokin ALS BBQ AL Tomblin

The mans name was Jesus Ruiz from north Las Vegas he was 37...If anyone knows anything about the lady I would like to know how she is...The rangers said We saved her life...

The lady that did survive the accident and the Doctors pretty much say that it is a miracle. Cindy is her name and she was bleeding very badly and about an hour into the ride from Dumont to UMC Trauma Center her bleeding stopped. The Doctors state that there is no medical reason why she stopped bleeding, but she did. The Doctors state that it was a miracle that it did stop bleeding and they don't know why it did. She has quite a few stitches on the forehead, I believe there was 21 put in. I saw her today and she is in good spirits, considering what happened. She broke her back and has had surgery and now has titanium rods and screws and a cage to help her recover. She is already up and walking and the Doctors state that she can go home when ever she is ready.

Thank you so much for being there at the right time and doing what you did for her. She is a great person and I know that she appreciated what you did for her and Jesse (Jesus Ruiz).

Kelly B.

RIP Jesse.

I wasnt there but he happened to be the best friend of one of my riding buddies. Sadly the lack of a simple seat belt added to late night riding became fatal in the end. last i heard his passenger is at umc still critical. we will be out there this weekend to pay respect at the sight of the accident. ill keep updates as to her recovery as i find out. To the family members,friends, and his children who were waiting for him to return to camp that morning my thoughts and prayers are with you thru this time of mourning. To fellow dumont riders ..... take the extra second to keep yourself safe..... cause whether you know them or not any loss of a fellow rider has an affect on all of us.

RIP Jesse Ruiz.

Leslie

ltr450

It never fails to amaze me how great the duner community is. I'm new to the sport. (2nd season) But I've been into other forms of off road for years. There are times I pull off to the side for a break, and often someone will pull up and ask me if everything is okay. Shanerman, great job. Very sorry to hear of the great loss. I'm guilty of taking small rides without buckling up. That won't happen again. I hope Cindy recovers well.

Chris

Shanerman, I believe everyone has a Angel on this earth. You definitely are an Angel is disguise.

I may not know the people involved in this accident, but reading all of this brings a tear to my eye. My prayers are for the family, Jesus children & friends.

This will remind me to wear a seat belt.

I would also like to Thank everyone for the assistance when we rolled our RZR, Thanksgiving weekend. It was amazing how many duners stop to assist us. Thank You! "The community at the dunes is amazing; a lot people will take the time to help a fellow duner and I think it's great :)

And for BLM, Officer's, Medic's, bystander's - THANK YOU for all that you do!

In my prayers

Great job to all who were involved. WOW! I don't know how I would react in a situation like that, but you obviously kept a level head and in the end, saved a life :thumb:

After a tragedy like this, I think all of us can be more careful...and full of care when it comes to seeing our fellow duners. Our group always checks on anybody we see stopped, usually for mechanical reasons, but as I've read, for medical emergencies as well! Adrenaline and competiveness have their place tearing up the dunes, but compassion towards each other will be remembered :clap:

Great job again, and prayers for a speedy recovery, and for the difficulties suffered by the families involved :(

Shanerman--I am the sister of Jesus Ruiz who passed away this past weekend at the Dunes. Although quite vivid your recollection of my brothers accident helps provide information that my family needs for our grieving. I am thankful for the details and grateful that you and your friends were put in his path. It is quite comforting that my brother's body was not alone for a long period after the accident occurred. I thank God that you were around to save Cindy, whom he loved. It also sounds like his death was fast and painless which brings me comfort. For this I thank God. My brother passed doing the thing he most enjoyed, riding his Polaris Razor, spending his last few hours with his children and closest friends. My brother leaves behind 4 children age 7 to 16; 1 brother; 2 sisters, and mother/father. My brother was an extremely responsible father and person and the fact that reports state he was not wearing his seatbelt shocked his friends and us. He always buckled-up! It was a tragic accident. May he rest in peace and may God Bless You!

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Ruiz family and his friends. Its always hard to hear a story such as this. I was reading this at work and although I dont know those involved I found myself tearing up. I pray for a speedy recovery for Cindy. And pray for strength and peace for Jesses family in their time of mourning.

All Duner Riders-

Thank you all for the wonderful support you have shown in your comments! Riding ATVs was my brother Jesus's (aka Jesse) passion. My family is thankful for the ongoing support & condolences you have shown us. This recreational sport appears to be quite the family! Some of you have requested information about my brothers services and/or accounts for his children so I would like to provide the following information for those who have asked: Services are being handled by Palm Mortuary and Cemetery, 6701 North Jones Blvd, Las Vegas NV 89131 c/o Jesus Ruiz Jr. Visitation will be tomorrow Sunday 1pm-4pm and Mass/Burial will be Monday 1/10 at 10am at St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church, 111 Michael Way Las Vegas NV 89108. His friends have set up a pay pal account which the family will us for the his children Here are the instructions for donating. Thank you and God Bless!:

1. Go to www.paypal.com

2. Choose Send Money/Send Money Online.

3. Type in amount. Payment is for Friends & Family. Fee is $1.75 if you use your debit/credit card; free if you use your paypal or checking account.

4. Email address to send to: weloveujr@yahoo.com

5. Enter your email address & log-in.

6. Confirm your payment. This account is being temporarily managed by Cara Gilligan, so you will see that you are sending money to her (Cara Gilligan). The account will be active for quite awhile and turned over to family at a later time.