3rd Annual 70cc Regatta

dunefreak

I'll bring out my steel grate that we had last year for draggin' the track. :thumb:

:70:

I have another SANDboni (plastic truck bedliner) were going to rig up this year. I think that worked alot better than the grate. Helped build the berms up a little more. thumb.gif

Hey Chris you letting your Son handle the races. With all your 70's you should join the races. But Hell I am sure your boy will handle it.

Great kid you have. Love the Christmas story.

All I know is this is going to be fun... :70:

thanxs i am very proud of my son! Of course i will be doing a couple of hot laps with my 70-140cc but for the time lap it will be Josh. He is stoked!

post-6269-098515100 1294931987_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bustin-bs

** schedule update**

I updated the schedule and added the best of 3 timed lap races to the events. I thought we wouldn't have time for it, but I tweeked the schedule to make it work. We skipped them last year but TCS T & I talked about it tonight and thought it should be included this year. The first year they were alot of fun! headbang1.gif

Here is the updated schedule...

9:00 am: sign in/ registration open

10:00: all bikes line up by class for tech inspection and a rider's meeting

10:30: track races

(in this order)

1) all classes warm up/ practice track race, 3 laps

2) juniors track race (any class bike but nobody over 15 years old), 5 laps

3) stock class race, 5 laps

4) modified class race, 5 laps

5) super mod class race, 5 laps

6) unlimited class race, 5 laps

7) ALL CLASSES: fun race, 5 laps

12:00 lunch- Smokin Al's BBQ

1:00 pm: Best of 3/ timed lap races

Each racer who wants to participate gets the track to themselves for 3 laps to lay down the fastest timed lap possible.

short break

2:30: drag races

(in this order)

1) Juniors

2) stock class

3) modified class

4) super mod class

5) unlimited class

6) wagons in tow drag race (just for fun)

4:00: line up all bikes for group photo, show and shine, vote on ATC's

4:30: raffle and trophies

Nighttime after the event is over: Later in the evening join us all for some campfire, ATC drive-in movies at the Custom Shop projected theater, music, and slideshow of photos from the day's events.

just a TTT post and reminder. The regatta is coming up fast as everyone is totally aware of i am sure! So Dunefreak and I met up today for a little "pow-wow" to see where things are with supplies, and raffle, and what items we still need to take care of. Things are coming together pretty well, one thing that we really need is for folks to get registered asap, the dealine for getting shirts ordered is just a few days away!! Pleeeaasse get your registration in. The more knowledge there is about who is attending the better prepared the event can be, and the better prepared Smokin Al can be to feed us! lol, and preregistration helps tremendously! Plus, that way your event "packet" (shirts, rules, schedule and such) can be ready before the event and that will make the whole process go much smoother at the registration booth on saturday, just sign in and get festivities underway!

Thanks everyone!

So, I'm curious. I read in the invitation "The sky is the limit as long as it is an ATC70 based trike", what mods are ok, what modes are not?

Thanks,

Emil

That's exactly it. If it is a Honda ATC70, it doesn't matter what motor or mods you have in it.

thumb.gif

Emil as long as its a 70 frame bring it on. I would love to see what you got. No limit. Do you have a Turbo BUSAa in this biatch. LOL

So, what about if the frame is custom with 70 fenders, seat, tank etc....

Thanks,

Emil

So, what about if the frame is custom with 70 fenders, seat, tank etc....

Thanks,

Emil

I am not sure how to classify this. Pete can determine but what are you rolling on? Show some pics, Specs Hell something.

I know R55 makes their own frames and complete suspensions upgrade and consider it an ATC70. $2K for a frame Show us what you got.

post-1377-071311600 1295487046_thumb.jpg

I am not sure how to classify this. Pete can determine but what are you rolling on? Show some pics, Specs Hell something.

I know R55 makes their own frames and complete suspensions upgrade and consider it an ATC70. $2K for a frame Show us what you got.

post-1377-071311600 1295487046_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I have seen that type of upgrades and where a little curious on what the "limits" are. Like, how wide, long, travel of suspension etc..... I get the different engine classes..... And yes, I also get that it's all for fun but you know, there is always someone complaining.

I can't make it this year but perhaps I show up at Glamis later on if they get something going there as last year.

Later

Lookin good guys.

Here is the pre-registered participant list so far...

1. stugots
  2. Randog
  3. Jakster884
  4. Duner Dan
  5. peewee the pinstriper
  6. Bustin Bs
  7. ninjagreengirl
  8. Daniel R (no screen name)
  9. skinner
  10. vegas style
  11. dunefreak
  12. TCS T
  13. Donnkey
  14. mineurbiz
  15. CampIdiot
  16. dune rat

People I know who are going but haven't registered yet :whistle:laughing.gif

1. Island Chain Racing + many more
  2. 702LTR450
  3. POULE43
  4. tres hombre
  5. raspadoo

orders are pouring in now. Damn procrastinators. :flipoff:laughing.gif

In for 2, we are having our annual super bowl trip out there that weekend for obvious reasons lol. Have to let my 12 yr old boy ride for me as I blew out my knee @ a desert race last Sunday :whoop::thumbsdown:

Oh damn. That sucks, Eric. Sorry to hear that!

So should we bring some extra medical supplies for you then considering how much you might be drinking? dayum.gifdrunk.giflaughing.gif

ok t-shirt deadline is over, but you can still all pre-register and pre-order either a lunch ticket or a Smokin Al's VIP meal package up until probably Feb 1st or so. It will speed things along getting people signed in, but you can still register and buy a lunch ticket the day of the regatta.

Here is the latest list of registered participants so far...

1. stugots
  2. Randog
  3. Jakster884
  4. Duner Dan
  5. peewee the pinstriper
  6. Bustin Bs
  7. ninjagreengirl
  8. skinner
  9. vegas style
  10. dunefreak
  11. TCS T
  12. 702LTR450