toyhauler oxidation

dunefreak

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/protect-all-fiberglass-oxidation-remover-and-color-restorer-64-oz-/16030

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/gel-gloss-rv-cleaner-gallon/18003

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/gel-gloss-gallon/7373

all 3 are made by same manuf. I have used gel gloss and it has worked very well. Will do your shower to. If the oxidation is getting bad i would go with the heavy duty, a little bit more money but probably more aggressive on oxidation

remember polish on polish off grasshopper :laughing:

Wax house makes great products. If your using a "oxidation" removing buffing wax, be careful as you can dull the gel coat. If you just want the luster to come back, use a good polish for gel coat then seal it with a good was for gel coats.

+1 with terry, gel gloss, its for fiberglass, gel coat, schtuff like that. Pink can (lowes has the aerosol can, not sure about the gallons) spray, haze, wipe, and den its chiney mang!

or you can call the dudes that detailed my hauler last time, they charged me 250 (obviously not something you want to do every trip, but sometimes its nice to give it a proper freshening up) , they had 4 dudes here for 6 hours! top to bottom literally cleaned the roof down to the tires. waxed the entire outside, cleaned the storage area, cleaned the cabinets, the fridge, all the glass/mirrors, vaccumed and shampooed carpet, even armor alled the garage floor. (wasnt the most fun thing to walk on, but it was the funniest, to watch someone walk on) lol.

Edited by SKINNER

+1 with terry, gel gloss, its for fiberglass, gel coat, schtuff like that. Pink can (lowes has the aerosol can, not sure about the gallons) spray, haze, wipe, and den its chiney mang!

or you can call the dudes that detailed my hauler last time, they charged me 250 (obviously not something you want to do every trip, but sometimes its nice to give it a proper freshening up) , they had 4 dudes here for 6 hours! top to bottom literally cleaned the roof down to the tires. waxed the entire outside, cleaned the storage area, cleaned the cabinets, the fridge, all the glass/mirrors, vaccumed and shampooed carpet, even armor alled the garage floor. (wasnt the most fun thing to walk on, but it was the funniest, to watch someone walk on) lol.

4 Dudes 6 Hrs = $250.00 Damn these guys must of made $60.00ea $10.00 tip. You made out with one hell of a deal for all that waxing.

• Like 1

so the stuff is called pink can? @ lowes?

Cool. Thanks guys. skinner, the spray bottle and wiping it down sounds like my style. :beerpint:

You know of course that you have to wash and dry it first right? I would also get a roof cleaner and a soft bristle brush and wash the roof first. If you don't all the dirt on the roof will cause black streaks on your newly washed and waxed trailer. Now get busy while I go play in the sand. If you get real good at it I have a job for you when I get back:)

I buffed out my 21 ft and it was a b*tch, my sides are the metal or aluminum siding but you will want to hire someone after the first go around, but it stays clean for the most part when I wash it...

Get some help and a buff wheel, it's your best friend..

If you have any issues with getting some of the dark streaks off from the rain get the MR clean eraser pads, those things clean like an SOB..

You know of course that you have to wash and dry it first right? I would also get a roof cleaner and a soft bristle brush and wash the roof first. If you don't all the dirt on the roof will cause black streaks on your newly washed and waxed trailer. Now get busy while I go play in the sand. If you get real good at it I have a job for you when I get back:)

:flipoff: What kind of half a$$ rookie do you think I am? No freakin sh*t I have to wash it first. :laughing: And yes, I wash my roof all the time. I know how a dirty roof causes black streaks. Did you forget in your old age that I have been doing this toyhauler thing for a long time? :laughing: I have just never had to wax or polish it until now. Other than a little bit of oxidation lately, my hauler is always clean.

As for having a job for me when you get back, no thanks. :laughing: I work hard enough at my day job I don't need any more work on the side. You can hire you super badass detailers you speak of.

ynot.....so youre telling me I have to WASH my toyhauler BEFORE I wax it?

Are you freeking kidding me? :laughoff:

:flipoff:

:laughing:

spray on, let it haze, and wipe off? you remember what department @ (B)Lowes it was in?

116855_front200.jpg

It's in the aisle where the cleaners are, I picked up 4 cans of it yesterday and I'm bringing 3 of them back today. :laughing: That stuff didn't work so great on mine. I ended up using some stuff kens colors gave me. It's a liquid polish.

:flipoff: What kind of half a$$ rookie do you think I am? No freakin sh*t I have to wash it first. :laughing: And yes, I wash my roof all the time. I know how a dirty roof causes black streaks. Did you forget in your old age that I have been doing this toyhauler thing for a long time? :laughing: I have just never had to wax or polish it until now. Other than a little bit of oxidation lately, my hauler is always clean.

As for having a job for me when you get back, no thanks. :laughing: I work hard enough at my day job I don't need any more work on the side. You can hire you super badass detailers you speak of. I DIDN"T SAY BADASS I SAID CHEAP!

We were just talking about how getting old was a b*tch and i was just helping you thru the transition, jeez you are so sensitive:). You hauler is always clean but I have actually seen people wax their coach's without washing them first. I just didn't want you going down that road, you know with your sudden realization that you were getting older as evidenced by only doing one side of the coach. LOL it doesn't get any sun? roflmao, great excuse for my shoulders hurt and this job sucks right? You have to remember that it oxidizes due to the greenhouse gas effect from all those off road vehicle motors we hang around. You missed some of the best runs I have ever been on, and that's no BS :)

We were just talking about how getting old was a b*tch and i was just helping you thru the transition, jeez you are so sensitive:). You hauler is always clean but I have actually seen people wax their coach's without washing them first. I just didn't want you going down that road, you know with your sudden realization that you were getting older as evidenced by only doing one side of the coach. LOL it doesn't get any sun? roflmao, great excuse for my shoulders hurt and this job sucks right? You have to remember that it oxidizes due to the greenhouse gas effect from all those off road vehicle motors we hang around. You missed some of the best runs I have ever been on, and that's no BS :)

sensitive? me? :lol:

And yes, the right side only gets about a hour or two of sun in the morning and is in the shade for the rest of the day. So I stand corrected that only the left side is getting oxidized by the afternoon sun. What other explanation do you have for only one side oxidizing? Oh it must be that greenhouse effect only on the OUTSIDE of camp. lol

I'm only a little sore today. Not too bad. But that's not why I only did one side. The right side really doesn't need it and besides there are only 2 days in a weekend and that's how long it took me to do the whole left side. I didn't even get any buggy maintenance done because of this job I took on. :dope:

Glad you had a good weekend. :thumb::driver: I'll make up for it regatta weekend when I have 4 1/2 days out there and the car is ready. :headbang1:

sensitive? me? :lol:

And yes, the right side only gets about a hour or two of sun in the morning and is in the shade for the rest of the day. So I stand corrected that only the left side is getting oxidized by the afternoon sun. What other explanation do you have for only one side oxidizing? Oh it must be that greenhouse effect only on the OUTSIDE of camp. lol

I'm only a little sore today. Not too bad. But that's not why I only did one side. The right side really doesn't need it and besides there are only 2 days in a weekend and that's how long it took me to do the whole left side. I didn't even get any buggy maintenance done because of this job I took on. :dope:

Glad you had a good weekend. :thumb::driver: I'll make up for it regatta weekend when I have 4 1/2 days out there and the car is ready. :headbang1:

Hmmm 4 days i wasn't coming out for the regatta but I might come out before it and do some dune runs and then come home so let me know what your plans are as to when your going out etc.

Hmmm 4 days i wasn't coming out for the regatta but I might come out before it and do some dune runs and then come home so let me know what your plans are as to when your going out etc.

Going out Wed evening and coming home Sunday sometime.

I know its a little off topic ....buuuuuuut the guy at JW that sold me my toy hauler told me to put olive oil on the decals once a year or so to keep em lookin like new. seems to be working sofar :headbang1:

Too late for me. Some of mine are already cracked. Im taking them off soon. Sounds like it would work with the oil. :thumb: