Help need trailer title

Raptor0206

So i picked up this trailer from a friend of a friend. its not stolen. but i didn't get a title because it was lost by the first friend. anyways there is no way to get a hold of him and i need to get a plate for it. The trailer has the vin tag on it from Zieman Chassis out of Whittier California. What are the chances of getting a title from them or is there a way to get this done at the DMV (nevada or cali) with a bill of sale or something?

So i picked up this trailer from a friend of a friend. its not stolen. but i didn't get a title because it was lost by the first friend. anyways there is no way to get a hold of him and i need to get a plate for it. The trailer has the vin tag on it from Zieman Chassis out of Whittier California. What are the chances of getting a title from them or is there a way to get this done at the DMV (nevada or cali) with a bill of sale or something?

Get a bill of sale from you friend, fill out necessary forms at DMV, most likely, you will need to send a certified letter to the last registered owner with a time frame of when to respond before the DMV transfers ownership to you. If he doesn't contest the transfer, then you get your title.

Get a bill of sale from you friend, fill out necessary forms at DMV, most likely, you will need to send a certified letter to the last registered owner with a time frame of when to respond before the DMV transfers ownership to you. If he doesn't contest the transfer, then you get your title.

the dmv sucks to deal with if you need a pink for it put a lien sale on it you will have a pink in 30 day i do it all the time i go to karens kar klearing 760 948 1698 and it only $35

I have the same problem. Zieman only put the last 5 or so numbers on a small tag and the vin # is no where to be found. Zieman was absolutely no help at all :assblast: (called them at least 4 or 5 times) I bought it from the original owner and he never registered it and lost the paperwork. Original seller is out of business. I've had it to the DMV :assblast: at least 4 times and they were no help at all...so much for doing it the "legal" way. I'm lookin for a zieman double axle boat trailer so I can "assume" its vin. Let me know if you figure out another way.

good luck

I have the same problem. Zieman only put the last 5 or so numbers on a small tag and the vin # is no where to be found. Zieman was absolutely no help at all :assblast: (called them at least 4 or 5 times) I bought it from the original owner and he never registered it and lost the paperwork. Original seller is out of business. I've had it to the DMV :assblast: at least 4 times and they were no help at all...so much for doing it the "legal" way. I'm lookin for a zieman double axle boat trailer so I can "assume" its vin. Let me know if you figure out another way.

good luck

if you cant do the dmv way all you have to do is get some stamps there cheap and put your own### in it and take it to the dmv and tell them you have had the trailer for years and need new paper work you will have to show them the vin ## you put in it no big deal dont tell them you built it or put the ### in. and dont go there with no ### you will have to take it to the chp at that point.the dmv or aaa dont care about trailers you can do it at aaa if your a member but it is easy i have done it many times.