for the love of animals

vegas style

i was cruzin home from dumont today on the tocopa road about 3-4 miles from front sight road. i see in the distance something as i get closer i see its a large rottwieller walking down the center of the road. i slow down and pull up next to him and see he is isnt doing so well. i pulled over and called him as he walked up i could see he was dragging his toes as he stepped and he was skinny and old. but still a big dog (his back was taller then my knees) i opened a bottle of water and he drank the whole thing. as i was deciding what to do with him i gave him 2 more bottles of water. he seemed to trust me and i was miles from anything i decided to put him in my truck and take him into pahrump. had to pick up his back half to get him on the back seat. soon as i started driving he laid down and looked out the window and looked relaxed. i drove on into the parhump animal shelter it was closed but a passing cop called the on duty animal control guy for me and he showed up right away. said he would give him some food water and a bed. not sure how he ended up out there or how long but at least a few days. even if he ends up getting put down that is a lot more peaceful then what was going to happen out there. so 50 extra miles to my trip home but couldnt leave him and i feel good !

sometimes i like animals more then people.

That dog probably escaped from the Pahrump pound and thought he was finally free. Then Steve showed up and brought him all the way back. :lol:

Jk, you did the right thing. Hopefully the owner or someone else picked him up by now from the pound and he's chillen in a nice comfy house.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh that is so sweet. We found 2 labs while riding at Apex. Some jacka$$ left them out there while riding. We got a hold of the owner and she drove put to get them. The jacka$$ was her boyfriend. I hope she dumped him!