Prsidents Day

LTLBILL

Do they ever come out with the truck that has showers anymore or did that not work out???

I remember when they tried it a year or two ago and it wasn't what people had hoped for.

Have a newby that wants to go but family wants to shower if they go for a few days

I would be surprised to see them. this year the crowds have been way less and I bet they wouldnt make much money.

Thanks guys,I knew I'd read negative things the first time they went out there and didn't know if they ever came back.

I won't need to rough it,I've got one of them there 40' W/W,my concern was my buddy that wants to go and the other 4 in his family and my clan and not enough water for me to stay a week or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if people are still heading out with this rain coming. I don't feel like driving 300 miles one way to sit in my motorhome. I can do that in my driveway!!!

Just got a call from my friend 2 of 3 people not going, Just me and another guy and his family now. I don't think it's going to be all that bad. Won't know if I don't go. Besides that, got everything loaded and ready to leave in the am.

Edited by vegas450r

I still am planning on going. Just hate to be there in the rain. Although Saturday seems like the only bad day. Weather site says 12 hours of rain.

Tim, i am not letting the weather deter me but am trying to deter a sore throat etc from keeping me home. I will make the decision in the AM depending on how I feel. BTW I am ok on fuel right now, found some F&L here for a little more money per gallon but no core charge and I can pick it up when I need it. I do appreciate the offer though. So long story short Friday looks like the best day for duning so let's get together and do some sand punishment. I will be camped by # 9 as usual.

Terry

We are for sure going. Heading out from Santa Barbara hopefully around 6 am. Rain is looking pretty bad but I'm hoping it will get better as we hit Pearblossom. We are excited as all hell and cant wait to get to the dunes, Rain and all. I'm actually looking forward to some rain, should slow things down and make for a relaxing weekend. Hope to see some DDR peeps out there, I'll be camping with Sincityblondie, So I'm sure I'll see a few in camp. :beercheers:

Tim, i am not letting the weather deter me but am trying to deter a sore throat etc from keeping me home. I will make the decision in the AM depending on how I feel. BTW I am ok on fuel right now, found some F&L here for a little more money per gallon but no core charge and I can pick it up when I need it. I do appreciate the offer though. So long story short Friday looks like the best day for duning so let's get together and do some sand punishment. I will be camped by # 9 as usual.

Terry

Tim, i am out, couldn't stop the creeping crud so I would rather sit home and feel like sh*t then sit in the M/H and feel like sh*t and watch everybody else have fun. Be safe.

We are for sure going. Heading out from Santa Barbara hopefully around 6 am. Rain is looking pretty bad but I'm hoping it will get better as we hit Pearblossom. We are excited as all hell and cant wait to get to the dunes, Rain and all. I'm actually looking forward to some rain, should slow things down and make for a relaxing weekend. Hope to see some DDR peeps out there, I'll be camping with Sincityblondie, So I'm sure I'll see a few in camp. :beercheers:

Look for the red and green flashy lights on top of the burb! Easy camp marker! Or the crooked a$$ got sand sticker on the back of the hauler. :laughing::woopitydoo:

LOL!!! Our "kids" are 4 legged and furry. Although they can cost us a pretty penny at the vet!

I have to add about the shower topic that I can let the water run the entire time I take a shower in our rig. Why not? We always have tons of fresh water when we leave. Being a dink rocks. We just have to be nice to our niece and god-daughter so they take care of us when we are old.

:lol::lol:

Ha ha I do have to say even at this age they take a crap load of $$$$, and when they get older there a$$ sleeps in the stacker and they don't need to shower!! Lol

And there is no way no how I could let the water run my damn grey would be full in 2 showers!!!

Aaaannndddd as they say to each your own!!

Edited by White Rhino