raptor 660 shop in socal

1BADYFZ

I will attempt it this week, a clean is what I think is wrong. It all came back to me once I read some threads on it, I used to have a raptor about 6 years ago. If it doesent work then I will get in touch with you guys...thanks and I will keep u updated

Sam careful, when you take the black cap off of the top, the spring inside with launch across the garage is you are not careful. Also the screws in the bottom of the bowl, are very easy to strip out, we usually replace them with allen heads, just becareful not to over tighten. You also might need to make sure your floats are level. One more thought comes to mind, make sure you do not mix up the main jets, one carb has a larger jet then the other.

Sam careful, when you take the black cap off of the top, the spring inside with launch across the garage is you are not careful. Also the screws in the bottom of the bowl, are very easy to strip out, we usually replace them with allen heads, just becareful not to over tighten. You also might need to make sure your floats are level. One more thought comes to mind, make sure you do not mix up the main jets, one carb has a larger jet then the other.

i am aware of those thing which makes me want to get it done profossionally but i should be allright, just want to do it once and be done so we will see what happends.I am hoping that the jetting that is installed should be right since the guy is a so cal rider who had it done when he got the bike set up with the gytr stuff and hoope I find something blocking the pilot or the carb which makes it act like it does, if not off to a shop i go..

Edited by 1BADYFZ

Got to work tuesday and tore the carbs apart, new oil, new gas and sark plug.

Thing fired right up after cleaning and a few changes on A/F and jets , and I doubted myself but couldent bare to spend the cash so I stopped being lazy.

Found the pilot jet was clogged, A/F 's were off and the spark plug was rusted from sitting so long with some moisture..Drained the tank, lubed the cables and tightned the chain.

Runs great and hope to keep it stock for a long while, has a pipe and intake and that is all I need!!

Thanks for the advice!