3rd Annual 70 Regatta reports & pics

AL T

No powder puff. Girls...show some courage and race with everyone else. Each class is open to all riders. We already have alot of classes as it is. What's next, everyone with blue eyes and blonde hair race together? :laughing:

Pete if you have enough girls that want to do a powderpuff race.. (which you do...) we should consider it. The girls do not race as hard as the boys do regardless of what anyone says. And when I raced in the first race, I got ran over because I was not aggressive enough.. So I know Monkie says no... but come on.. enough of us girls have our own 70's so why not let us race? Regardless. It was a lot of fun!!

Yes Jill good times as always!!!!

Congratulations to Andy for winning that gorgeous new motor!!! Sorry Paul that you were one number off!

Thank you all for a good weekend!! I am happy I came home in one piece, as did everyone else! :)

I am just now uploading pics, I haven't even looked at them.

Was glad I had races to watch on Saturday!

Thanks for the congrats on the motor win....I'll be testing it out around the neighborhood and checking to see if I can shave a few seconds off my mailbox checking time.

Special thanks to TRESHOMBRE for that awsome prize I won :thumb: ....funny thing, I thought it was a 110 motor and I just re-read and found out it was a 125!! no wonder its so fast :headbang1: can't wait to see the swappin video :70:

Pete if you have enough girls that want to do a powderpuff race.. (which you do...) we should consider it. The girls do not race as hard as the boys do regardless of what anyone says. And when I raced in the first race, I got ran over because I was not aggressive enough.. So I know Monkie says no... but come on.. enough of us girls have our own 70's so why not let us race? Regardless. It was a lot of fun!!

My post has nothing to do with how Anna feels about it. I posted how I felt about and tried explaining how there are already enough classes. Sorry, I just don’t see it happening. Maybe just race the stock class then if you aren't an aggressive rider?

Thanks for the congrats on the motor win....I'll be testing it out around the neighborhood and checking to see if I can shave a few seconds off my mailbox checking time.

Special thanks to TRESHOMBRE for that awsome prize I won :thumb: ....funny thing, I thought it was a 110 motor and I just re-read and found out it was a 125!! no wonder its so fast :headbang1: can't wait to see the swappin video :70:

That's so badass you won that, Andy! Congrats again.

oh yeah and I will kick you again when I see you next!!! :laughing::beercheers:

no really congrats Andy!!!

Straighten that frame Mr...

Congrads...

My post has nothing to do with how Anna feels about it. I posted how I felt about and tried explaining how there are already enough classes. Sorry, I just don’t see it happening. Maybe just race the stock class then if you aren't an aggressive rider?

I just think with as much down time as we did have, what would it hurt? I dont even care about a trophy it would just be fun to race against others that do not ride like you guys do. I WISH I WAS A BAD a$$ GIRL, and could race and rub elbows with you guys, but im not and im not afraid to say that. But I do know from other conversations from other girls that had their own 70's there that it would be appreciated. And if it was an option to ride in the stock class with those of us who have husbands that build us bikes that are WAY to much for us to handle...SKINNER!, then we should have put that out there. There were several girls who asked me at registration why there was not a girls race. So not trying to start something at ALL here... just saying it is something we should consider for next year. Even if it is just a "FUN" race like we did at the beginning with all Classes (which I did participate in and found out right away that I had no business being on the track after I got ran over in the corner.) Love ya Peter!! Seriously though.. it should be considered.

Great shots, Chris! Thanks for posting all of these. :beercheers:

Man that first all-classes race was intense! :lol: We probably should have made the track a bit wider in some spots. Oh well- it wade things very interesting.

I love how much crazier the bikes get every year. The first year was 95% stockers. Now, there are so many with suspension, huge motors, etc. It's awesome!

Next year I'd like to do 3 different heats with eliminations for the S, M, SM, & U classes since we had enough time before lunch. The races are so much fun but didn't last long enough in my opinion.

Agree Pete! Perhaps split the classes mod (hard tail) and fully mods (suspension) either way it was a blast i had my cam on for that open run on the track i will start working on the video later this week. After i finish uploading the rest of the pictures, yeah theres more. Good grief :laughing:

As for video i have a boat load of that as well, the races are the best and the one thing i look forward to. Next year i am getting in on it, hopefully i will have an additional hand to snap pictures while i do the heat. We will see...

I might post some video up sooner then i think, just to keep the hype going

What happened to Joey? I heard he got hurt as i was leaving on sunday

He ran the drag 70 up comp and had a bad accident on the way down. I don't really want to get into the graphic nature of it, but the details are ugly. He had to be transported out, and he is resting at home now.

What happened to Joey? I heard he got hurt as i was leaving on sunday

just a quik update, i have talked to him a few times since his crash, he spent some time in the hospital yesterday, has a 5 or 6 inch cut near his knee, and a puncture also. he is back home now and the doctors elected to leave the wound open, and pack it daily, so he will have a nurse coming to the house for a little while to re-dress it. he is in good spirits and told me that he will be back at the next regatta, but will probably have aa few more safety mods to help stay on the correct side of the bike!

i just wanted to chime in here and let everyone know he is ok, and on the mend!

just a quik update, i have talked to him a few times since his crash, he spent some time in the hospital yesterday, has a 5 or 6 inch cut near his knee, and a puncture also. he is back home now and the doctors elected to leave the wound open, and pack it daily, so he will have a nurse coming to the house for a little while to re-dress it. he is in good spirits and told me that he will be back at the next regatta, but will probably have aa few more safety mods to help stay on the correct side of the bike!

i just wanted to chime in here and let everyone know he is ok, and on the mend!

:thumb: