GPX160 engine swap?

Mid Life Crisis

Im running a 24mm carb w/ a 42 pilot and 98 main. The motor is a DDR140 out of a pit bike. It needs a little love in the needle and main area but at 9 bucks a jet its coming along slowly.

The motor I was looking at was a GPX160. As for my gearing I have a 14 front and OEM rear. I havent played with gearing yet.

What I found was that I wasnt able to pull the 125cc Lifan unless I get the jump off the line. Other than that if its a clean start its an even run. I just want more juice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Mid Life Crisis

I gotta say this. a 140 or a 160 in a atc 70 is a lot of power.I know cause I got both. A well tuned 140 is verry hard to beat. If you have a novice rider on the 160 and a good rider on the 140......the 140 wins...$9 a jet wow. Your getting rob. Try pjmotorsports.com and talk to paul and tellem Joey D sent ya. He was a sponsor for the regatta . I say stick with the 140 and build it.....my $0.02.....and just trying to help

Lots. How big is your wallet.....haha...that will determine how fast your gonna go.....I recommend basic stuff.....for eg; head work, cam, BB kit, its kinda endless.....but if you can't tune it, then your just spending money for nothing. Don't get me wrong, you'll get power most of the time when you do an upgrade. You still gotta tune it.....

• 2 weeks later...

Ok heres the plan so far....

Gonna go with the cam upgrade from DR ATV and maybe move up to a 26mm carb. Im finding that these chinese carbs say 24 but there really like a 20-22. So popping for the real mikuni may make a huge difference once its jetted properly. Port work and big bore will be on hold till end of the year if needed. lol

Edit - and installing an oil cooler cuz this baby runs H-O-T with an over exhaust pipe.

Edited by Mid Life Crisis