regatta 4 questions

andydew

Well, I got my first 70, and the ol' gears are a turnin!

I'm searching for plastics, seat cover, and tires, etc., and...thinking about what motor I might want.. I can't find what I thought I read, but I think I read next year's regatta will be limited for motor sizes. I wanna make sure I'll make the cutoff, before I spend the cash; any official numbers for cc's ?

Also, anybody got reccomendations for powder in I.E./ Riverside area?

:beercheers:

it cut off at 120 this year...next year it will be 100-125...anything bigger will be unlimited

Can Pete confirm this?

Also can we confirm if the suspension bikes will be in a seperate class? After 3rd regatta I wanna build a suspension frame but not sure how thatll work out since everyone whinned this year about them..... lol

Well my 2 cents.....you can't really tell what size someone's motor is by looking at it. The only way is to do a "motor pump". The only thing you can regulate is the type of motor. Horizontal, virtual, 2 stroke, yadda yadda....so im thinking next year horizontal motors ONLY....and if you say you got a 125cc, well that the class your gonna be next year.....its gonna get competitive fast, its kinda is already. So with that said as long its a horizontal motor, sky's the limit.....and get ready to race....can't wait for next year......this is just my 2 cents......

Im down for the horizontial only but this past regatta you had 121 and up racing unlimited. It was pretty unfair considering most of the engine kits now are 125 semi auto and there in a class with 140, 150, 155, 160, 177 & 184's.... Then throw one of those big motors in a suspension frame its all over for the regular 70 framed bikes. I just think the suspension should have its own class. I mean if I showed up with a 250R frame and a 200 horizontial that had an atc70 decal on the fender does that make it legal for the unlimited class? I know its all for fun and all, but damnit I wanna trophy too (and not the slowest lap! but ill take what I can get!) LOL

I get what your saying.....I like the suspension bikes, that's not my cup of tea.....I rather give them a run for there money with a stock 70 frame with a big motor.....it has alot to do with the rider as well......look at ron, he rides the crap out of that R55. that's cause he had it for years, same as pete....he rides the crap out of that stock frame 70 but it has a 110..... just cause some one has a suspended 70 doesn't means there gonna come in first......im sure the rules are gonna tighter over the years........

Like Bert said, next year will be 100-125.

Here's how we'll probably do it. 3 classes instead of 4.

stock: 70-88cc

modified: 90-125cc

unlimited: over 125cc

ATC's will be limited to BACKBONE style atc frame only. That means no front down-bar design like a 185 frame or anything else. It must resemble the Honda 70 backbone style frame. Also, motors will be limited to horizontal cylinder only. That caps the unlimited class and keeps things pretty even for those bikes.

That sounds official enough for me; thanks!

I just didn't want to build something that would be disqualified...

as long as I only own 1, that is :yiah: ( still searchin, though.)

My wifey is outta town for the week, so I'm thinkin I should order all my shtufff now.

:ddr: what she don't know, won't hurt me :stirthepot:

Their it is......the only thing everybody needs to bring other then their 70's is their A GAME....can't for get about the juniors.....loved watching my nephew parker lead the pack.....GO PARKER...

Yep, watching the juniors was cool. Gotta keep that class for the little guys and girls.

That sounds official enough for me; thanks!

I just didn't want to build something that would be disqualified...

as long as I only own 1, that is :yiah: ( still searchin, though.)

My wifey is outta town for the week, so I'm thinkin I should order all my shtufff now.

:ddr: what she don't know, won't hurt me :stirthepot:

Cool cool, Andy. Now get to work, bro! We need to hit 100 ATC's next year for attendance!

Like Bert said, next year will be 100-125.

Here's how we'll probably do it. 3 classes instead of 4.

stock: 70-88cc

modified: 90-125cc

unlimited: over 125cc

ATC's will be limited to BACKBONE style atc frame only. That means no front down-bar design like a 185 frame or anything else. It must resemble the Honda 70 backbone style frame. Also, motors will be limited to horizontal cylinder only. That caps the unlimited class and keeps things pretty even for those bikes.

Any chance you can add a 4th super unlimited class for all the crazy modified bikes. I love them and they put on a great show. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Or, call it an exibition class??

Yep, watching the juniors was cool. Gotta keep that class for the little guys and girls.

Cool cool, Andy. Now get to work, bro! We need to hit 100 ATC's next year for attendance!

I'll be there with mine,regardless how many I aquire :laughing: . Hopefully my boy can run in the kiddo class. He'll be just under 5 next year...we'll see how his motor skills are; actually, I'm just concerned with his braking skills :P

Any chance you can add a 4th super unlimited class for all the crazy modified bikes. I love them and they put on a great show. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Or, call it an exibition class??

I'll vote for that right now as well... so long as I'm not racing against them :assblast:

and more jumps, and more heats, and maybe some chicks in bikinis holding lap cards at all the turns,lol the new classes sound cool, even if they stay the same I'm down to bang bars again.. :beercheers:

Oh yeah little punk Parker, I should have beat your fastest lap time. :driver::P

Edited by mush

I'm with you on that. Would love to see them race in their own class, the video was fun to watch.

I'm with you on that. Would love to see them race in their own class, the video was fun to watch.

That's why I will be adjusting the classes like I posted. Anything over 125 will be unlimited. A 125 is closer in power to a 110 than a 140 or 160. And if it has suspension, you can count on it already having a big a$$ motor. So there's your unlimited crazy class. More classes means more confusing and alot more work for the staff. We want to keep this simple and fun.

The other thing I noticed was in the drag race. there was a few guys not knowing when to line up or not lining up at all. That puts them on top with only 1 or 2 runs, while the other guys battle it out....let's throw em all in the pit, and make em fight there way out. No more sand bagers....haha....who sees the "stiring pot smile".........ok I feel better......haha

Maybe next year there should be more staff and track officials to handle off of these new requests. stirthepot.gif

Don't forget...the more "OFFICIAL" this gets, the more classes, rules, etc. it takes away from the fun of it. Let's not get too carried away with all that. I know what you are saying Joey, but it takes alot of staff willing to take initiative and all we have is a few of those. I'm almost ready to go back to no classes at all, no permits, no fancy anything and just go rip it up in a more informal way with buds. Know what I mean? ;)