NHRA SummitRacing.com Nationals 2011

dunefreak

:bowdown: Awesome shots, as usual :thumb:

If you don't mind, what was your shutter speed. I'm digging those speed shots where everything in the background is just a blur, like the 2nd and 3rd from the top. I haven't been practicing with my camera like I'd planned, but still eager to learn.

Looks like you found some killer seats, or at least got down close to the track to shoot :thumb:

It's cool too, to see the tires all out of shape on the dragsters :nana:

:bowdown: Awesome shots, as usual :thumb:

If you don't mind, what was your shutter speed. I'm digging those speed shots where everything in the background is just a blur, like the 2nd and 3rd from the top. I haven't been practicing with my camera like I'd planned, but still eager to learn.

Looks like you found some killer seats, or at least got down close to the track to shoot :thumb:

It's cool too, to see the tires all out of shape on the dragsters :nana:

Thanks for the compliments, Andy.

The shutter speed I used on those types of shots was pretty slow. Those 2 were 1/125 and 1/160 and I kept from zooming in too much (only 70mm). Then I cropped them later to bring them in closer. I took the image stabilization off too for those shots. My good lens has a feature where you can still have vertical stabilization on, but eliminate the horizontal so you can pan and get the background blur for sense of motion. It was tricky to pan the same speed and keep the cars sharp especially at those speeds. I managed to get a couple ok ones though. I'm still learning to master that technique.

Some of the shots I took up when I was on the fence, but towards the end I was up high in the stands.

good pics there, and ya it was very hot on friday.........spent the whole weekend there......always a good time...didnt think that racers used girls as backers anymore....those were the good old days when they did that...