Government Shutdown

FE135

Just curious if any of you will be affected by the shutdown Friday night if it happens. I know I will. I'll be out of a job till they pass a budget. I'm hoping for two weeks to a month. I need a break.

It will effect me. Work with no pay as I am an essential employee!

Tim, Myself and my mom had this discussion a while back. The last time they did anything was back in 95 and they hit everyone hard. However this time around i believe there is a stipulation in there that all LEO and Border Protection type of posistions are safe. I mean are they really gonna just let the borders fly wide open for 2 weeks. My little brother is also affected as well since he just moved up the ranks in maintenance as well. I guess we will see what happens come monday. But i think at least for BP/DHS you guys will be safe from this mess.

We are safe as far as not loosing our job. BUT we are being told to come to work and NO PAY!!! Yes we will get the back pay but until then, we will continue to work as usual and not collect a check until they pass the budget. On top of that it will be one lump sum that will put us in a higher tax bracket for that pay period and we will get taxed at a higher rate. I will be going into my online employee pay site and switch my exemptions around to take a less hit when this happens.

All front office staff except for one is being told to stay home as well as the maintenance garage. This is going to get bad real fast.

Along with BP_GUY and his brothers, the military will still be fighting and NOT get paid. But,,, the welfare checks will be sent. Whats wrong with this picture? 60 cents of every dollar the government takes in goes to interest on the deficit. If you all think this shutdown is bad and ugly, just wait. Might take a few years, but you will all see ugly squared. I really want to see this budget reformed. This budget mess is just for the rest of this year, they haven't even talked about next year. If a shutdown is what it takes then so be it. Take notes though, and remember who voted for what and who talked crap next election. Remind them! I don't wish financial hardship on anyone but there is an inevitable meltdown pending. Unless something happens, I'm out of work Monday and NO PAY! I want my country back!

I was told the people that were to stay home without pay might be paid for the days they missed work. Kind of a paid vacation but still a gamble none the less if that doesnt pan out like that.

Also any planned leave has been cancelled. We have guys with paid plane tickets/hotel rooms. And they have been told to cancel them or to take leave without pay during this time.

I was told the people that were to stay home without pay might be paid for the days they missed work. Kind of a paid vacation but still a gamble none the less if that doesnt pan out like that.

Also any planned leave has been cancelled. We have guys with paid plane tickets/hotel rooms. And they have been told to cancel them or to take leave without pay during this time.

I heard yesterday that Lake Mead National Park will shut down. What about their LEO people and how does it affect BLM like Dumont? How would they close that down? Lots of questions for us that are not informationally connected that well.

Bert, you took the words right out of my head!!

If the "essential" personnel have to work without pay, so should ALL the politicians. Let them start cutting their own pay to fix the budget. How about they "donate" a year of their time to the people they are supposed to serve?

I heard yesterday that Lake Mead National Park will shut down. What about their LEO people and how does it affect BLM like Dumont? How would they close that down? Lots of questions for us that are not informationally connected that well.

ANYONE WANT TO JOIN IN ON A RIDE OUT TO KELSO DUNES THIS WEEKEND? :headbang1::driver::whoop: