My tranny issues!

lvnalolife

Well when you get something that can tow call me up. Why would I sell the truck when the only issue I have had was the tranny? And it all started cuz the shop that re-built it was f*cking retarded and couldn't get it right.

Hey maxdout, 4:88 sounds like overkill. Do you ever drive that thing on the frewway? I have 4:56's and it is about 2500 rpms at 75 or so. I bet it pulls like a mother!

YEA IT MIGHT BE A LITTLE MUCH. BUT, IT PULLS GREAT. ON THE FREEWAY, YOUR RIGHT. A LITTLE HIGH ON THE RPMS. :mc_smiley:

JJ is once again driving his truck...We will see how long it last.... :redhat: :watching:

Yeah and it shifts and feels better than when I bought the truck used. So far it seems great, but we will see. I'll tell you one thing, it definately keeps the TC locked when I punch it now, where as it would let go before! :laughoff::laughoff:

So far I am happy with it. It is quieter now also. No more TC rattling. I can actually go through a drive thru and not have to turn it off to order!

• 2 weeks later...

whats your #.. within the next month or 2 ill be giving u a call!!! ohh ya it WILL be a chevy too :D

After all I have taught you about fords ISBB.

I have a 95 PowerStroke that only leaves the shed when it is time to work. 220000 and still rolling strong. Mine has the 5 speed, I wish it had the 6.

After all I have taught you about fords ISBB.

I have a 95 PowerStroke that only leaves the shed when it is time to work. 220000 and still rolling strong. Mine has the 5 speed, I wish it had the 6.

THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT...FORD POWER!!! :flipoff: ALL YOU CHEVY HOMOS. :woo_hoo::driver: I JUST HAD TO GO THERE...ITS ALL LOVE ..............RELAX CHEVY GUYS :flipoff:

• 1 month later...

Spend the extra cash. Piece of Mind= priceless

Do you want to deal with that sh*t again on future dune trips or do you want to get there and back with your truck and trailer connected? :yeah_whatever:

Seems like $1000-1500 isn't that much to fork out for a "bullet proof" trans. Do it. :beerpint:

If you still have problems try Todd at Bulletproof Transmission in Pahrump he can do it right.

Are the tranny's that bad?

i wouldnt worry to much ron. theres alot of tranny shops out there that offer a inexpensive rebuild heres why,

they hire substandard employees that can disassemble and reassemble, but can not identify cause and effect.

also, they will rebiuld your tranny with used parts if theres a chip in the gear they will polish it and stick it back in, if they have an old set of clutches that are decent they will put them back in. sounds like lvnalolife is a victem. he saise his tranny was rattling before. which means nobody checked tolerances they through it back together. Your ford tranny should have upgrades in it. Ford did recognise the problem in 01 and upgraded unfortunately the kentucky rep saise you up the power, the tranny will go. some do, some dont total crap shoot . but once there done right there as good as ever. :D

P.S. the upgrade was actually in the 03s. however any remans that came from ford were ugraded, as i said once before, i lost my tranny @ 30,000 in my excursion i threw a sh*t fit and i wrote a bad report to ford on the questionair they send out ( i bought it new) i was called by the engineering rep in kentucky .thats where i got this info. for what its worth..........

Edited by bearfoot bob

i wouldnt worry to much ron. theres alot of tranny shops out there that offer a inexpensive rebuild heres why,

they hire substandard employees that can disassemble and reassemble, but can not identify cause and effect.

also, they will rebiuld your tranny with used parts if theres a chip in the gear they will polish it and stick it back in, if they have an old set of clutches that are decent they will put them back in. sounds like lvnalolife is a victem. he saise his tranny was rattling before. which means nobody checked tolerances they through it back together. Your ford tranny should have upgrades in it. Ford did recognise the problem in 01 and upgraded unfortunately the kentucky rep saise you up the power, the tranny will go. some do, some dont total crap shoot . but once there done right there as good as ever. :D

P.S. the upgrade was actually in the 03s. however any remans that came from ford were ugraded, as i said once before, i lost my tranny @ 30,000 in my excursion i threw a sh*t fit and i wrote a bad report to ford on the questionair they send out ( i bought it new) i was called by the engineering rep in kentucky .thats where i got this info. for what its worth..........

Good, the upgrade was in the '03 :blink:

I'm in the same boat, my 03 Excursion trans went out at 125k and I had it rebuilt at a POS shop that is no longer in business..it lasted for about 25k, now I have the "new" Ford Rebuild w/ the warranty and its pullin great

I'm in the same boat, my 03 Excursion trans went out at 125k and I had it rebuilt at a POS shop that is no longer in business..it lasted for about 25k, now I have the "new" Ford Rebuild w/ the warranty and its pullin great

Yeah mine too! It has made two flawless tows to Dumont. And I am not easy on it by no means. I pull loaded up Potisi and still have yet to see the tranny temp got over 165. So far so good. I hope yours lasts too!

We were in Parker, and sons girlfriends mom pulled into our campsite after buying her new Ford that morning.

She later put in the key in the ignition to then go to the store and no movement when in gear.

The trans was toast with 305 miles on it.

Argued with Ford for 3 weeks, then they replaced it.

Must be something to the Allison.

The new 6 speed Allison is a joint Ford/GM joint development venture according to Automotive Engineer magazine.

Trouble is, the Ford Allison is only available on the Ford 550 and up. The Ford HD trans only avail with diesel.

Japan 3/4 and one ton trucks will be washing ashore soon and they all have Allisons, or the murderously bullet proof & brutal Borg Warner equiv trans.

The Ford vs GM/Chevy arguments may soon end if the big three don't all start building more durable trucks.

It'll be 1 ton Mitsubushi vs 1 ton Nissan vs Toyota 1 ton owners arguing.

Allison for this family, we ain't spending our vacation at the lysol & beer & urine smelling Motel Hell in Hinckly drinking Keystone lite, eating Bun Boys bread burgers, waiting for the trans to be replaced.

Allisons are da finest kine driveline. Our GMC owners manual says it will go 200K miles, and we will do just that.

Hope, and (believe) that your new tranny will hold up well.

I'm sure it will.

Ford has seen the lite, and it's a rising sun color coming from truck factories in Japan.

So you are good to go.

Edited by Ross and Alice

We were in Parker, and sons girlfriends mom pulled into our campsite after buying her new Ford that morning.

She later put in the key in the ignition to then go to the store and no movement when in gear.

The trans was toast with 305 miles on it.

Argued with Ford for 3 weeks, then they replaced it.

Must be something to the Allison.

The new 6 speed Allison is a joint Ford/GM joint development venture according to Automotive Engineer magazine.

Trouble is, the Ford Allison is only available on the Ford 550 and up. The Ford HD trans only avail with diesel.

Japan 3/4 and one ton trucks will be washing ashore soon and they all have Allisons, or the murderously bullet proof & brutal Borg Warner equiv trans.

The Ford vs GM/Chevy arguments may soon end if the big three don't all start building more durable trucks.

and ford vs chevy heck that was done along time ago and dodge won you gotta keep up bro.................

It'll be 1 ton Mitsubushi vs 1 ton Nissan vs Toyota 1 ton owners arguing.

Allison for this family, we ain't spending our vacation at the lysol & beer & urine smelling Motel Hell in Hinckly drinking Keystone lite, eating Bun Boys bread burgers, waiting for the trans to be replaced.

Allisons are da finest kine driveline. Our GMC owners manual says it will go 200K miles, and we will do just that.

Hope, and (believe) that your new tranny will hold up well.

I'm sure it will.

Ford has seen the lite, and it's a rising sun color coming from truck factories in Japan.

So you are good to go.

allison is u.s. made by generel motors ( maybe sold off by now ) but there trannies have been around for ever. myself i dont want anything to do with no sushi sukin 3/4 ton truck. :drinkbeer:

other than an oil change my 04 hasn't seen a repair shop.

and the chevy vs ford argument that settled: Dodge won with a cummins............................

Edited by barefoot bob

• 1 month later...