Another tragedy in the offroad community

dunefreak

From what I understand from reading RDC, there was supposed to be a memorial for the MDR200 placed at Slash X. During the setup of the memorial, Brian Lynn and his wife, Gail, were involved in a head on collision on the highway. They were both air lifted to UMC where Brian passed away and Gail is still in serious condition.

This is so sad. In a time that was supposed to be for remembering those who passed away in that horrible tragedy and now this. Thoughts and prayers to the Lynn family and friends. :(

I sit at my keyboard with a heavy heart tonight. Many man hours and the hard work of a lot of people was supposed to culminate in a wonderful event this weekend at Slash X. This was supposed to serve as a day of remembrance, of healing, and of closure.

Then tragedy struck, again. Brian Lynn (owner of Slash X) was killed today in a terrible car accident just outside of the ranch. His wife was in the vehicle with him and she is in bad shape but alive and fighting.

This unfortunate event has prompted a very last minute change of plans for the weekend.

The unveiling of the memorial will still happen at 6pm and the Lynn family will still be letting us use their property for the event however, SLASH X will be officially closed. This means there will be no access to the restaurant, or bar. The planned BBQ is also canceled and were not having a band out there either. We will still have access to the porta pottys and the family has asked that we respect their property while they deal with this tragedy.

Lucas Hand (FAST-AID V.P.) is out there right now and as I have more information I will relay it here.

Please keep the Lynn family in your prayers...

http://www.race-deze...lashX-family***

From what I understand from reading RDC, there was supposed to be a memorial for the MDR200 placed at Slash X. During the setup of the memorial, Brian Lynn and his wife, Gail, were involved in a head on collision on the highway. They were both air lifted to UMC where Brian passed away and Gail is still in serious condition.

This is so sad. In a time that was supposed to be for remembering those who passed away in that horrible tragedy and now this. Thoughts and prayers to the Lynn family and friends. :(

http://www.race-deze...lashX-family***

Man, that sucks. I had nothing but good times out there...You and Nick with the chili cheese fries and beers....

RIP

I drive that road to work everyday and was comin home about a half an hour after it happened. They had it completely closed down for hours on end. Had to go a really long way home. The next day I saw the site and the road was completely fried all the across both lanes. Very sad. I have alot of early riding memories at slash x.

Edited by SandSoulja