Here we go again

crewzin70

So our old car bit the dust end of last season and will be returning to the dunes this season as an organ donor to this new one.

Another 4 seat just a little beefier than the last one 120 wall and more bracing. Chassis was basically a donation to the cause, my Buddy Justin reworked the front end and has been helping me along when I get lost for ideas on situations. I'll try and post when things progress little by little.

2011-03-20_10-20-33_468.jpg

2011-06-07_08-02-13_949.jpg

2011-07-01_11-51-30_8.jpg

2011-05-23_19-42-46_795.jpg

2011-08-29_15-15-01_284.jpg

2011-08-29_15-13-29_498.jpg

2011-08-19_12-01-19_279.jpg

So our old car bit the dust end of last season and will be returning to the dunes this season as an organ donor to this new one.

Another 4 seat just a little beefier than the last one 120 wall and more bracing. Chassis was basically a donation to the cause, my Buddy Justin reworked the front end and has been helping me along when I get lost for ideas on situations. I'll try and post when things progress little by little.

Looks like it will be a "Keeper" Good luck and sorry to hear about your wreck!

Edited by sandawg

I enjoyed following your progress on your first build. I can relate... I'm looking forward to the update pics as you go. Your gonna be proud when she powers over that first dune, I'm sure.

Any timeline going yet...gonna be ready for this season?

Who made the frame originally?

How much travel are you looking for?

I'm thinking you did good on those a-arms...got those left and right arms/heims tucked in nice and close together :beercheers:

Looks great, just make sure you switch that paddle out to the correct side at some point :slap::laughing:

I enjoyed following your progress on your first build. I can relate... I'm looking forward to the update pics as you go. Your gonna be proud when she powers over that first dune, I'm sure.

Any timeline going yet...gonna be ready for this season?

Who made the frame originally?

How much travel are you looking for?

I'm thinking you did good on those a-arms...got those left and right arms/heims tucked in nice and close together :beercheers:

Looks great, just make sure you switch that paddle out to the correct side at some point :slap::laughing:

I am hoping for around Halloween but just depends on money and time...u know the usual constraints. It won't be finished by any means but should be ready for some sand. The frame was originally a chassis built on a jig table at the wizard fab school and has been sitting around rusting for a bit, crazy to work with a car that things on both sides match when measured.LOL. As of right now I believe it cycles close to 18in front and rear but I have not purchased any axles for it yet so the rear is not 100% but I have measured and remeasured everything to make sure I had it set up to use my shocks to their potential this time. The car is pretty wide so it gave me some good axle angles. Justin did the front end for me, all I said was I wanted a center pivot on this car and he did his magic again. I just had some input on how I was hoping it would look when done.

I run the paddles that direction on the asphalt just to sharpen them :drunk:

• 1 month later...

Not much progress, we got the tank welded up minus the mounting tabs, filler neck and breather. Should be close to 20 gal. welded some mounts on the radiator also, hopefully have both of those mounted soon then I can plumb and wire the car along with floors and 100 other things. New maiden voyage is rescheduled for New Years. 1ba1a87f.jpg

53ec08bd.jpg

• 2 months later...

Little progress, not enough to get out to the sand yet.

70a31905.jpg

intercooler and radiator mounted, decided to go with -20AN fittings on the coolant lines

31176c1c.jpg

picked up a 3 person prp seat (awesome deal)

46513f10.jpg

progress on most of the floors

f81b3646.jpg

Decided to go with my gauges in pods right on the horizon of your view, we'll c how I like this.

01bd4e47.jpg

60de0ca9.jpg

Hopefully some more progress in the next couple weeks and I can make it out prez weekend!

Lookin good :beercheers:

Just when you think you're close to finishing, you think of 10 more things...I know, but it's coming along nicely.

The welds look great. You'll be glad you went with the 3 person seat, believe me... I ended up buying my 5 seater and we only had 1 kid,

thinking we could take friends out with us; but life threw us a curve ball, and we filled up those two extra seats within a year or so :laughing: .

thanks for the update, now get back to work :slap: , dune season is half over :laughing:

Andy, thanks for the support. Yeah It is a bit overwhelming sometimes looking at the big picture so I try to tackle one small area at a time, kinda works lol. Working out of town has not helped on the labor side but is in the purchasing dept. For sure the 3 person was a must I have 4 kids and the old lady but she turns green riding in the car so she will prob be on a quad and I'll have the kids with me so it works one way or another, just thinking kids aren't getting any smaller so an LS1 and a mendi next yr maybe....haha don't tell the Mrs! Hopefully at least a couple dune trips this season would be great, time will tell.

• 1 month later...