Thinking of buying a fifth wheel

Kitcat

We've had our Raptor pull behind for over 4 years and have been happy with it. We had a lifted truck and couldn't safely pull a fifth wheel. Now that we have a new truck, a fifth wheel is an option. We really weren't considering a new rig until we went to the OC Sand Show last weekend. We looked at a couple nice models with no garage (we have a RZR and quad). When we got back to Vegas, we visited our local RV dealers. No one has much in stock for toyhaulers and they aren't willing to make any decent deals. We purchased our Raptor from Cal's and were really happy with them. There was no BS in the deal and the service was awesome. Unfortunately, they closed up shop. UGH!

Anyway, we're looking to possibly buy out of state. We are also looking at either trading in our Raptor or selling it private party. If you know anyone interested, let me know. I'm not posting it on the classified section yet because this is still a thought process. It's 30 feet long (model 3018TT) and has 15 ft of cargo space. We've fit 2 quads and a RZR in it (and a Rhino before we got a RZR). We take good care of our stuff and have no kids to make messes! :)

Also, if you know anyone who is looking to sell a nice lightweight fifth wheel with open storage (no garage), new or well maintained used, let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Too late!!! We just bought an Attitude F33AKSG 1012. Will be delivered on October 18th. Just in time for Halloween. :woo_hoo: :woo_hoo:

That's awesome! That's what we have. Perfect size at the dunes, and camping elsewhere.

Thanks everyone! Unfortunately, they're running late on making our rig. We popped in to see it at Eclipse RV this week. Well, low and behold, it was not on the line!!! Ugh! We haven't been able to determine if it's Eclipse or Johnnie Walker that messed up. The bummer is we probably won't be going to Dumont for Halloween. And Johnnie Walker already sold our old rig! :(

We thought about that. Mark has to get the hitch installed and discovered a couple issues with the rear of the truck, when he got the air bags installed. He's going to get that fixed and we're going to hold off on going to Dumont. Everything happens for a reason and we're not going to push it. I may ask for something extra or $$ off the hitch install since they screwed up. Hopefully we can swing a Thanksgiving trip to Dumont. If not, then we'll go on an off weekend! I can't wait to get that fifth wheel though! It will be so nice! :)