any one looking for a job $21-25 hr

turbo_bruce

Thanks Terry, just the info I was looking for. I would imagine that there are quite a few former mine workers with the experience that they are looking for and that are without jobs right now. It just seems as you said that there would be more of a notification process as to why an app wasn't accepted. Having read up on the project and the use of heavy metals increasing world wide as it is that they would hire some new blood. I mean why do they have an Operator Trainee position if they are not willing to train??? Doesn't seem that the Trainee would need 1-3 years prior experience.

And having to wait six months to reapply seems long. Don't know though, haven't been in the job hunt for awhile.

Good luck to thos who have had their app accepted. Sounds like a good gig. Hopefully down the line the will put some fresh meat in there because I know some young studs who are looking for some work and have every opportunity to fit in in a place like Molycorp.

man it is a pain to get in i dont understand we have some new guys with no back ground and they need a sh*t load of peps dont know were there going to get them like this? sorry

Not your fault Bruce but welcome to the world of large corporations. They usually don't know their right from their left. I was told they were not going to meet there hiring quota, well no duh if this the way they are going about it. Do you have the ladies name and # in LV? If so can you PM to me I would like to take another shot at it, persistence sometimes works.

Thanks,

Terry

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So you're not still working there then I take it? Wouldn't recommend it at all???

Bruce, I have a friend up in Winnemucca who works the gold mines I can put you two in touch if you would like. I know one of the gold mines over near Elko NV (Newmont Mining) hired 600 people last year and are doing the same thing this year. They had 35,000 applicants for the 600 jobs! I would say experience is a plus. They're looking for Vets too. Former Marine heavy equiptment operator got a job hauling the dirt in and out of the mine in those big azzed trucks for $60K a year. Takes 120 tons of dirt to extract 1 once of gold in that particular operation.

Feeds the kids though I guess.

Hope you find something soon.

Ace

3-21-2012 this is the letter the union just sent out

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to read our letter. We are disappointed and very sorry to be writing you under these circumstances. At this time we feel it is our duty and responsibility as leaders of this unions brotherhood to inform you of some of the issues facing us here at Mountain Pass. We know as the most respected and distinguished champion of ETHICS and professionalism of all Molycorp employees, you can understand and be compassionate toward our concerns.

We would like to share our concern for the growing in-balance of civility and courtesy amongst management and our teammates. The trampling of the values of what we hold most dear as an organization, is causing severe damage to the foundation of what we like to think is a world class operation.

Our brothers are being terminated, belittled and intimidated for legitimate safety issues that they bring forward. This is an outrage and must be stopped. Peoples’ livelihood and safety are being put in jeopardy ,( in our opinion for nothing more than to feed the egoism of middle and lower management as a demonstration of dominance.) these actions disgust us. We feel there should never be retaliation for sharing beliefs on safety or any other work related topic.

Once again, seniority lists are being bypassed for raises promotions and scheduling causing members to feel disrespected and unappreciated for their service. We are having difficulty trying to maintain tranquility and calmness amongst our teammates. The management seems to only make situations worse with their inconsistent actions, inability to understand cause and effect decisions, and elitist attitude toward this issue.

The major concern for us is the downward spiral of negative attitudes, and the events these attitudes could cause. Allowing minor issues to become bigger than they are because of a growing mistrust and poor leadership. We understand and take very serious the fact not everyone sees things the same way, and absolutely respect the positions of our company. We humbly ask the leaders of the company, to not let things get out of control, to practice the morals, values and ETHICS of which we were founded upon.