prism T.V what do you think

goodguys75

• 2 weeks later...

Being an installer for Directv i have had my fair share of issue with the system in the field. It can be fixed as long as we know exactly what the issue is. I do alot of switch overs from cox, prism, and dish. Prism is one that a lot of people have for a week and switch either back to Directv or another carrier. Prism is still very new to the valley and has a lot of bugs in their system. Now im not saying it is a bad company but from my experiences with the customers it sounds like they need another year or so to sort out all of the issues. If you would like i can take a look at your Directv system and try and resolve the issue your having.

When is Direct tv going to create a remote that can be points at the floor and still work. PITA at my house.. Or maybe its me lol

Capt

Being an installer for Directv i have had my fair share of issue with the system in the field. It can be fixed as long as we know exactly what the issue is. I do alot of switch overs from cox, prism, and dish. Prism is one that a lot of people have for a week and switch either back to Directv or another carrier. Prism is still very new to the valley and has a lot of bugs in their system. Now im not saying it is a bad company but from my experiences with the customers it sounds like they need another year or so to sort out all of the issues. If you would like i can take a look at your Directv system and try and resolve the issue your having.

Thats funny... I had the guy out here hooking up my HD and he told me they dont exist ... Maybe we can see you out at Dumont.. Might order the fight that weekend..THanks

Capt

We have those remotes your talking about. They are RF (radio frequency) If you call Directv chances of them sending you an RF remote are slim, plus they'll charge you for it. Get intouch with me and I'll get you squared away.

sounds typical. I wont be out there for Halloween but Thanksgiving for sure. Was actually thinking of doing a day trip that Sunday (30th) but have to see how the finances go. I will let you know if im gonna make it for the day trip and if so i'll load up on remotes for ya.

If not no problem.. I will be in Glamis for Thanksgiving...if you dont make it out for a day run... I work at Artistic Iron Works on Charleston and Commerce... I will get them later.. thanks

Capt

sounds typical. I wont be out there for Halloween but Thanksgiving for sure. Was actually thinking of doing a day trip that Sunday (30th) but have to see how the finances go. I will let you know if im gonna make it for the day trip and if so i'll load up on remotes for ya.

off topic but, I recently made the switch from Dish to Prism. One problem we had was the program would freeze during viewing whether was DVR or live TV. Maybe 1 in 6-8 shows for a minute or two. Called to complain, the said they updated the equipment & re-boot, no problem yet but we'll see. Other then that, I like that you can see PIP the programs as you are scrolling and they are immediate with no lag time when changing channells.

for the last 3-4 mo they say they have a programing issue. when i change my hd receiver it sometimes takes 4min for it to change a chanel or it wont accept the numbers that i input into the remote to change a chanel. They sent me a rf remote and said it may speed up my problems , but it did not help...at least it was free...

How much free space do you have remaining on your dvr? Sometimes having to many recording will make it run slow, these receivers are like computers, the more info stored on them the slower they run. Try deleting some of your older recordings and see if that helps. Also if your dish is out of alignment (signal level low) it will slow the box down as well. Is the receiver in a well ventilated area? People sometimes have the receivers in cabinets with little ventilation which makes them run hot. There are so many factors that would make a receiver run slow, those are the most common ones. An RF remote will not speed up the receiver, it makes it to where you dont have to point directly at the box. Try some of those options and let me know what you come up with.

dvr space is over 70% available, dont think dish moved...damn solid....all they tell me it is a software problem on there end and they are trying to fix it for the last 3 mo.....I really think it is on there end because my dads recever does the same thing...........every time i call they tell me it will be fixed as soon as posible...thanks for your time