Suzuki Samurai Duner

aseman

Okay guys, I normally bring my quads out but am gonna try a Sammie! I just found one for a decent price and thought it would be a good cruiser through sperry wash and most of the smaller dune areas. I know I should air down for the dunes, like comp hill, but was wondering how good they turn around on the hill? I know most trucks don't hit the hill because they don't wanna roll on the turn around to come back down?

Do any of you know the best way to whip these around, or if they're even possible to? How much are you guys airing down? My Sammie is stock.

get a good tire like BFG All terrains because the have a very stiff bead and air them down to about 8 in the front and 6 in the back....thats what I run but have mud terrains.. the A/T's would be better.

I have the goodyear wrangler a/t's. So how do you turn back down the hill, are these Sammies prone to roll over?

How well is the trail size for the Sammie to make it to the Date Farm?

Haven't duned a sami, but I have duned jeeps. Wide wheels with big offset to get the trac wider. if you have to whip it around on a hill, start your turn while you still have momentum, and gas it. let the back end hang out just like a quad. Things don't tip no where near as easily as it feels like it will.

Look for some 31 x 15 x 15.50 Good Year x-terras. I have a pair that you might be able to talk me out of. Turn them around so they work like paddles. You'll love em!

I ran four on my jeep, but you can run just two and probably get away with it, sami's don't weigh much

they look like this.

post-4471-0-02548200-1319041037_thumb.jp

Edited by WLD_OTZ

I have the goodyear wrangler a/t's. So how do you turn back down the hill, are these Sammies prone to roll over?

How well is the trail size for the Sammie to make it to the Date Farm?

Sperry Wash is plenty big enough for you to travel it in the sammie. However you should be aware that the owner of the China Date ranch is an avid GREENIE and does not support the dunes in any way other than to make money off of. I would ask that you boycott this place and just enjoy the Sperry wash trail. Please stay on the designated route, as this a "Hot Spot" for the area eco-terroists to post and cable so it will look more like a guided tour than an off-road trail. thanks for your understanding.

Terry

When i had mine i went thru a pretty good section of the dunes in only front wheel drive :P Brought the wrong rear drive shaft with me so all i had was front wheel drive.. Said fk it lets go play lol.. flats to the southpole back side all the way to the north pole then around.. Most people that can drive can do that in damn near any 2wd vehicle but i thought it was funny to do it in front wheel drive only :D

Hey thanks for the tips guys! Yeah wldotz, I would love to try those tires out one day.....I don't have enough lift on the sammie right now since it's stock :angry: Oh well, this upcoming trip is gonna be like a trial run with the sammie, basically to see if I like it enough to mod it?

Terry, I hear on boycotting the Date Farm.....just thought it might be a nice ride out? But I did also read that the trail to go there is closed now too anyhow?

ISBB, that rocks! Liket the fwd Sammie action! Why did you get rid of it?

Hey thanks for the tips guys! Yeah wldotz, I would love to try those tires out one day.....I don't have enough lift on the sammie right now since it's stock :angry: Oh well, this upcoming trip is gonna be like a trial run with the sammie, basically to see if I like it enough to mod it?

Terry, I hear on boycotting the Date Farm.....just thought it might be a nice ride out? But I did also read that the trail to go there is closed now too anyhow?

ISBB, that rocks! Liket the fwd Sammie action! Why did you get rid of it?

The route through Sperry Wash is not and will not be closed per The Wild and Scenic river bill recently passed by Congress and signed by the President. The area that's always been closed is the area to the right of the mines and Tecopa is to the left. It has always been illegal to take OHV's(Unlicensed) down the county road to the date ranch road. However Sperrry wash is having some post and cable work done to keep people out of restricted areas that they have repeatedly intruded into.

Terry