Halloween 2011 report

I guess I'll post up some sort of report from my trip now. haha

We rolled in Thurs night. As soon as I pulled into camp my trailer sank and I buried my whole setup. :dope: Damn it! After unloading the trailer I managed to get it unstuck though.

Friday was the best day for duning. It wasn't too beat up and there weren't that many people in the dunes. It was a pretty relaxing day. We didn't do too many runs mostly because we kept waiting for other friends to show up. That's ok though. We got a few good ones in and it was more of a social weekend than anything.

Friday night at comp was brutal! It was so dusty we didn't hang out long. We did manage to race a handful of other sandcars though. What a rush. Racing up comp at night is like 3 times the thrill. I am surprised how many people are finally getting back to racing up at night other than sitting at the bottom and drinking themselves into retardation. It feels really stupid when hundreds of people are sitting over at the hill and nobody is racing...and you are one of them. haha

Saturday was crazy packed in the dunes. I can't remember if it was Friday or Saturday, but I had a very close call with another buggy. It was nobody's fault, but we came really close to getting tangled up. We were both transitioning a semi fast line/ razor when Steveo (my passenger) pointed out the buggy on the other side. I cranked the wheel, chopped the throttle and scrubbed off enough speed to nearly miss him. I think he might have sh*t his pants a lil bit because he didn't see me until I was about 2 feet away from t-boning him. Close call for sure. Next time I will be a little more cautious with the lines I choose. Other than the close call, our dune runs remained fairly tame due to the conditions. I led a couple runs and I guess I disappointed a couple of guys in our crew but I don't care. Leading a pack of 10+ buggys, a couple quads, and a dirtbike or two from one end of the dunes to the other takes a little concentration in order to keep everyone together and not collide with other groups. Oh well, I had fun! :grin:

The weather was great all weekend and the company was even better. I had a blast hanging out and socializing with everyone. I even lost my voice by Saturday night from all the laughing and partying. :laughing:

It was really cool to have my buddy, Scott come out too. He was the one that pretty much introduced me to the dunes back in like 1998 or so. His buggy was the first buggy I ever rode in out at Dumont and it was cool to bring him out for a quick spin in my car. I see a LT buggy in his future and many more trips to the dunes.

Well that's most of the highlights I can remember. lol I got my one holiday weekend fix in and now I think I'm ready for some quiet, empty-dune weekends for the rest of the season to go tear it up! :headbang1:

• Like 1

Pete that run was ok....It is hard when you have 10+ buggies all with different driving skills and expect a real fast run... Not possible if 1 slow drive is up front.lol.. it was fun still

I had a blast all weekend

Capt

Yep exactly, but I'm not sure why they would have expected a real fast run on that one. There is a time and place to open it up and it definitely wasn't then.

Runs don't have to fast to be fun!

Ask me.....I couldn't go fast if I wanted to. I just enjoy getting out in the dunes for a ride.

In these times, on a busy weekend, it shows good judgement to go slower and watch for other people that may have less experience, don't see the danger of overdriving or just plain have more money than brains, enabling them to drive way over their heads.

What scares the hell out of me are all trucks that are now able to do the dunes and the way they drive. Also the 3000 # cars that are so fast that are such a mismatch in an accident with a quad or smaller rail.

I'm wit you Pete, off weekends are for riding and Holidays are for watching all the mayhem, camp fires at night and throwing back a few!!!

:blah: :blah: :blah:

:2cents:

:old:

Dan Cool Video. Not sure if you noticed it's 2011. :headbang1: Would be nice to see a video from the future. Too Bad I could not make it this Time. Looks like everyone had a blast. :rockon:

haha!! you win! I posts this on 3 forums and your the only one who caught it...

I didn't see you outhere....

thanks on the vid. I had a blast in the rhino....wish I had a car, but for the $ this thing is sweet lol.

Sandcars ruin your life.... right Pete? :laughing:

and I don't think it was a good weekend for Chevys lol I pulled 2 and seen a few other buried...one guy had half his trailer laying in the sand .... but my 7.3 got em out :)

Edited by DunerDan

haha!! you win! I posts this on 3 forums and your the only one who caught it...

I didn't see you outhere....

thanks on the vid. I had a blast in the rhino....wish I had a car, but for the $ this thing is sweet lol.

Sandcars ruin your life.... right Pete? :laughing:

and I don't think it was a good weekend for Chevys lol I pulled 2 and seen a few other buried...one guy had half his trailer laying in the sand .... but my 7.3 got em out :)

Yiah I had to look three time at the Date 2012. I said something was wrong. No biggie but would be cool to see a video from the future. For the Trip I took my Truck to the dealer for Oil change and my rear seal in the shaft had been leaking. Figured I would have them warranty it while it is still valid. They ended up changing the knuckle with Spline gears also. This was cracked. They had to order the part and have next day. It took three days. Screwed my weekend up.

When I picked up my truck I took my girls with me and pointed out the service tech and told them look he is the guys who screwed you out of trick or treating twice and Most of DUMONT! I thought it was Funny.

My first trip out will be Glamis for Turkey Day. I will be in Dumont in December though. See you out there.

Good job, Neal. It's about damn time! :finger::lol:

Great coverage of the whole weekend. So what's up with Mike's girl? Was she following you around all weekend jumping in front of the camera or was it the other way around. :laughing:

Heck I put her to work. Mike was there the whole time. Everything looks better with a blond!

• Like 1

Neal you are the man. Great coverage on the wedding! The lighting and shots are perfect. How cool.

Jacob and Dez...congratulations!! You guys did it right. Very classy and memorable. I'm happy for you two.

Thanks Pete! And you're right, Neal is the Man!!!! We can't thank him enough...