What engine?

BLUE STEEL

As I am rebuilding my 70 I was wondering what everyone has done or is planning on doing with their engine. I want to know if you left it stock (70), did a big bore (88) or if you changed your entire engine out (Piranha or Lifan)? Also do you think if I leave it stock, will it tow this big dude around?

I am 230LBS and stock will not get a little guy far at all. I went with the 88Kit and it is a huge difference from stock, But you can buy a lifan 120CC complete and ready to go for the same price as the complete 88kit. I would go with any of the aftermarket engines. Piranha is nice but Lifan is good too. Hope this helped.

I'm 220lbs. and I have a Lifan 125 standard clutch. It has plenty of power, the only problem I have is keeping the front tire on the ground! If I was building another I would get an auto clutch 110-125cc, their much better for putting around and you won't spill your beer when you pull the clutch to shift!

Here's my youtube video of my 125 lifan outrunning my 86' 200x.

• 2 weeks later...

My electric start Lifan 110 is more than enough power for me, but more is always better. haha They bolt right in.

They make the 120 electric start now. That would be my first choice if you were wanting to stay auto-clutch and electric start. Otherwise there are many options if you want more.

You're gonna need a 70 for each motor option :laughing: . I have a stock one, and one with a 125....oh wait, the 125 doesn't count if it's still on the bench in 50 pieces, does it? Regatta is right around the corner :dope:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

lots of options. If you don't mind a clutch do the 150 elec start totaly insane. otherwise the 120 elec start auto works great. 125 pull start rips for sure. check out tboltusa.com they have tons of stuff and great prices. They also have packages and answer the phone for support.