Dumont related phone numbers & contacts

dunefreak

it also helps if you have cellular service out there ( :beercheers: you cingular!!) to place an effen call.

I have found only verison works out there because they have the contract for the call boxes from Baker to Dumont road

I know a friend who has sprint, that also works out there! Some people have said that goin to the top of the big dunes also helps with cell service I believe. just not sure which carriers.

Edited by Sincity_blondie

it also helps if you have cellular service out there ( :driver: you cingular!!) to place an effen call.

I have found only verison works out there because they have the contract for the call boxes from Baker to Dumont road

The numbers were posted to help, not to piss anyone off. I'm sorry your phone doesn't work there. :hello::beercheers:

The numbers were posted to help, not to piss anyone off. I'm sorry your phone doesn't work there. :hello::beercheers:

not pissed off that you posted the numbers.....I think it is a good thing.......I have been on Cingulars AZZ the last 2 + years since I have been goingto Dumont to get them to place a tower out near there, like in Death Valley, or at the pay boxes @ dumont....and effen nothing from those money stealing rat bastards.

actually I am quite happy with my service...unlimited minutes across the country.....except in dumont :driver:

• 3 weeks later...

BLM:

Routine matters call (760) 252-6000

Emergencies call (888) 233-6561 or (909) 383-5651

Any other numbers that might be helpful or usefull for Dumont dune riders, please post them if you have any. :blink:

I have been working with BLM on having cars with radios in them to be able to contact Rangers on radios at this time It seem like they are going to change their Radios to have maybe 2 freaks on their Radios Let s Hope so We will have a way to get in touch them and save some time for someone who is hurt Please pass this on I will inform everyone later on what Channels They Pick

I have been working with BLM on having cars with radios in them to be able to contact Rangers on radios at this time It seem like they are going to change their Radios to have maybe 2 freaks on their Radios Let s Hope so We will have a way to get in touch them and save some time for someone who is hurt Please pass this on I will inform everyone later on what Channels They Pick

That would be great.

Also note the camp host (Don and Ellen in the motorhome near bathroom 10/ all season) have an emergency radio to contact the BLM rangers as well.

• 4 years later...

That would be great to have an emergency radio for the rangers. Thanks for the info Pete. We will keep this handy.

By the way, we have Verizon and my work phone is Sprint. Both work at Dumont. We camp either near bathroom 3 or 9 and get 4 bars at each. It makes it very handy, esp when you have peeps meeting you out there. :)

• 2 years later...

As mentioned when this post started some time ago. Most cells will work if you can find the proper location. Up on the dunes, some work on top of what some call telephone hill. The hill just as you go towards vendor row. Even Verizon doesn't work well unless you are in line with the tower. We have to go down the bluff to the end of vendor row to get our Verizon to work properly. Over the years I've had several different phones and companies and was able to get most to work somewhere at the dunes. Just none as well as Verizon.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...